Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever Back back?

Comment

• Gotta have the horses to do it. Time will tell.

But the soft coverage scheme was probably an extension of Garrett's passive philosophy -- not playing to win but playing not to lose.

Wonder if somehow that will carry over to the offense and decisions on 4h and short from the opponents 45 yard line.

Comment

• Oh my goodness.

As an aside, Beasley is pretty good at this rap thing. I was impressed.

(enter: Boozeman)
        2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by deadrise View Post
          Gotta have the horses to do it. Time will tell.

But the soft coverage scheme was probably an extension of Garrett's passive philosophy -- not playing to win but playing not to lose.

Wonder if somehow that will carry over to the offense and decisions on 4h and short from the opponents 45 yard line.
          I doubt it -- we played press when Rob Ryan was here, then switched to zone with Marinelli's arrival. Hasn't seemed to have much effect, other than who the coordinator is.

Comment

• 2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• I hope that bodes well for the pairing.

Comment

• Comment

• 0, 0, 2, 3

All I see.

Comment

• Originally posted by BipolarFan View Post
                    0, 0, 2, 3

All I see.
                    I donít believe this for a second, Bipo. If we didnít appreciate the great plays and games none of us would be fans and definitely not on this site.

Rogerís Hail Mary happened in a playoff run where we didnít win the Superbowl. Doesnít diminish the awesomeness one iota.

Comment

• Roger is shrinking. He was absolutely taller than Romo back in the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbgun View Post
                        Roger is shrinking. He was absolutely taller than Romo back in the day.
                        How old you think Roger is?
                        defense wins championships

Comment

• Originally posted by p1_ View Post
                          How old you think Roger is?
                          Roger is 76 and listed as 6'3".

Comment

• Interesting that we had Cedrick Wilson ahead of DJ Moore on our board.
                            2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post

Interesting that we had Cedrick Wilson ahead of DJ Moore on our board.
                              That's a PFF ranking.

Comment

• Cowboys have worst group of receivers in the NFL, according to ESPN's Matthew Berry

By Peter Dawson
                                pdawson@star-telegram.com
                                May 21, 2018 04:48 PM

Matthew Berry, ESPN's top fantasy football analyst, does not think very highly of the Cowboys' current collection of wide receivers.

Frisco police arrested Cowboys receiver Terrance Williams early Saturday morning on a charge of public intoxication (police found his Lamborghini crashed into a light pole). Williams might lose his job, but Berry's assessment existed before that incident transpired.

Here's how Berry responded when a fan asked him if the Cowboys have the worst receiving corps in the league on Twitter.

As a fantasy analyst, Berry's main focus is statistical productivity. But the talent of the players also factors into his analysis. A short while later on Twitter, he stood by his take. Here was his response to a fan who claimed the Bills have the worst pass-catching unit.

And when another fan claimed the Jets, 49ers, Dolphins, and Bills roster worse receiving corps, this was Berry's response.

This offseason, owner and general manager Jerry Jones released Dez Bryant and traded Ryan Switzer to the Oakland Raiders.

Meanwhile, veteran tight end Jason Witten decided to retire.

To replace those pieces, the front office signed wide receivers Allen Hurns and Deonte Thompson in free agency. The franchise also acquired wideout Tavon Austin in a trade from the Los Angeles Rams.

At the 2018 NFL Draft, the team selected wide receivers Michael Gallup and Cedrick Wilson.

The Cowboys signed Gallup to a four-year contract Monday, putting the team's 2018 NFL Draft class under contract for the upcoming season.

Comment

Working...
                                X