X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont resent any of that and still think its dumb. Im not going to lose any sleep over it but they are going to have a star on their helmet whether they earn it or not given that they make the team. Just one of the things I chuckle at but not a big enough deal to worry about either.
    #Fire Garrett

Comment

• Originally posted by Rev View Post
      I dont resent any of that and still think its dumb. Im not going to lose any sleep over it but they are going to have a star on their helmet whether they earn it or not given that they make the team. Just one of the things I chuckle at but not a big enough deal to worry about either.
      Im sure the LVE's , the Connor Williamses, and the Michael Gallups of the roster are laughing at their helmets.
      defense wins championships

Comment

• Comment

• Cole Beasley Dropped a Rap Album

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver and rapper Cole Beasley has dropped his debut album, titled The Autobiography. He burst onto the scene in January with the single 80 Stings, which drew critical acclaim from those in the know.

And if you don't think the release is full of bangers, you can keep your trap shut because Beasley has no time for the negativity. #ColeBeasleyFacts.

Beasley told TMZ that he is not a football player who raps but instead a rapper who happens to play football.

The album dovetails with Beasley's ascension up the Cowboys' route tree. He figures to improve on last season's totals of 36 catches and four touchdowns with both Dez Bryant and Jason Witten off to new locations.

Comment

• Lets see more catches and less lyrics, lil bro.

Comment

• Throw the ball his way and he will catch it.
              Since Day One

Comment

• Originally posted by BipolarFan View Post
                Dallas Cowboys wide receiver and rapper Cole Beasley has dropped his debut album, titled The Autobiography. He burst onto the scene in January with the single 80 Stings, which drew critical acclaim from those in the know.

And if you don't think the release is full of bangers, you can keep your trap shut because Beasley has no time for the negativity. #ColeBeasleyFacts.

Beasley told TMZ that he is not a football player who raps but instead a rapper who happens to play football.

The album dovetails with Beasley's ascension up the Cowboys' route tree. He figures to improve on last season's totals of 36 catches and four touchdowns with both Dez Bryant and Jason Witten off to new locations.

Comment

• Dun nun nun nuhnuhnuhnuh

Dun DUN nuh nuh nuhnuhnuhnuh

Comment

• Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post
                    Throw the ball his way and he will catch it.
                    If he can still get open. This has been an issue recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by boozeman View Post
                      I think he's been hangin with Rico Suave' a little too much.

Comment

• Lewis “Exception to the Rule”
                        Saturday, May 12, 2018 3:29 PM CDT

By Nick Eatman
                        DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

@nickeatman
                        FRISCO, Texas – All coaches are different in their own ways, but similar in the fact they typically like what they like. And if worked pretty well before, you can bet the coach will try to do the same, even if he’s at a new place.

Enter Kris Richard as the Cowboys’ new defensive backs coach. He not only coached DBs in Seattle, but was the Seahawks’ defensive coordinator during the team’s successful run that included two Super Bowl appearances.

Of course, who doesn’t remember the Legion of Boom secondary, which included several Pro Bowls among players such as Richard Sherman, Cam Chancellor and Earl Thomas.

While the Seahawks had a lot of talented defensive backs, most of them had the same look to them. It’s no secret Richard prefers bigger cornerbacks, with height, bulk, long arms, on top of the ability to run, cut and of course, cover the receivers.

“It’s just a part of the system,” Richard said Saturday in the middle of a three-day rookie minicamp at The Star. “There are certain individuals who fit a certain profile who have historically worked better in this scheme. The more guys we can get of that nature, of that stature, of that build, the better we think we can be.”

When asked specifically why the bigger cornerbacks fit his scheme better, Richard wasted no time with his answer.

“Length. Strength. Create issues at the line of scrimmage,” he said. “We want to cause as many problems for an offense before the ball is even snapped. So if we’re up there at the line of scrimmage and we’re making you think about where you need to go and how you’re going to get around me, then it’s a whole lot better than you just thinking about getting around me.”

It’s not a coincidence Byron Jones was quickly moved from safety to cornerback after Richard took over. In fact, the DB coach said he scouted Jones as a cornerback when he was with the Seahawks and Jones was coming out of UConn.

Yes, prototypical (corner),” Richard said of Jones. “Fantastic athlete. Great height, size, length, speed. Everything is there. He has a great attitude. He’s been working hard from day 1. I’m happy to be around him.”
                        However, the Cowboys didn’t even draft a cornerback or safety for the first time since 1999. So it’s not like Richard is turning the positon over completely. In fact, when asked about second-year cornerback Jourdan Lewis, who is listed at 5-10, 195, Richard certainly has a place for him.

“Well every now and then there’s an exception to the rule,” Richard said with a huge smile. “So you’re grateful to have and take those exceptions. (Lewis) is an exception. There aren’t many guys who battle in the fashion that he does. That’s what makes him special. He’s tenacious. He has good enough length. He is quick. He anticipates. He’s smart. He’s relentless. Those are the exceptions.”

At the end of the day, Richard just wants physical defensive backs who can be aggressive, get their hands on the ball and get some turnovers.

He’s not going to turn his head to anyone who can do that. But he certainly likes what he likes.

_______

I'm so excited with what he is doing with our DBs. I'm really excited to see it next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboysrock55
                          “We want to cause as many problems for an offense before the ball is even snapped. So if we’re up there at the line of scrimmage and we’re making you think about where you need to go and how you’re going to get around me, then it’s a whole lot better than you just thinking about getting around me.”
                          Man, this is good to hear.
                          2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                            I agree, I despise soft coverage bullshit

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                              Been talking about it for three seasons.
                              Since Day One

Comment

• I can't remember in what thread we were discussing this, but here is the reason they are called web backs...

2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X