2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just got a good laugh at Booze wanting to trade back up for Manziel. Also made me think of how much he gets mad at us trading up for Quincy.

Dont ban me, Booze.
That is okay. I honestly would have looked into a trade up then if he were around like Bridgewater was, but Manziel went at 22.

Thing was, I knew he was immature and cocky, but I didn't think he was nearly the spoiled kid he was either. Didn't do my research. Jerry lusting after him should have been my tell tale sign.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This past year's draft chatter thread was a big bag of feh. Nothing really fun happened, no real meltdowns either.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This past year's draft chatter thread was a big bag of feh. Nothing really fun happened, no real meltdowns either.
Because it was a good draft. Other than people wanting to trade up for a safety the picks were all very good.

Now hopefully they turn out. But that's all we can ever hope for.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Which means it was mostly a good draft. But, yes, the fun from previous draft chatter threads just wasn't there. I think part of it was members being at the draft and not able to chatter.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I see a guy running against air.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Which means it was mostly a good draft. But, yes, the fun from previous draft chatter threads just wasn't there. I think part of it was members being at the draft and not able to chatter.
We didn’t have the usual 1st round DB or outrageous reach to spark a meltdown. In fact, a bunch of people wanted to draft another DB.

It was fucking surreal, definitely a unicorn.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

I see a guy running against air.
I see unacceptably grainy ass video in this day and age of 1080p smartphone cameras.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Well I guess this means he never plays again then.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
And that is a little concerning.
The 2017 draft was just as solid as 2018 through the first 3 rounds, it's just that they went a little off the reservation on the 3rd day in 2017 whereas they continued doing a nice job in 2018.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I wanted JFF but I was fine with Martin.
I think a few of us were rooting for Manziel because we were fed up with the constant cycle of 8-8 seasons. Also IIRC, Jerry made some comments prior to this draft about the Cowboys "being entertaining" as if simply being entertaining and putting on a good show was good enough.

So we were like screw it. Lets go all in on the entertainment circus. Bring on Manziel.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think a few of us were rooting for Manziel because we were fed up with the constant cycle of 8-8 seasons. Also IIRC, Jerry made some comments prior to this draft about the Cowboys "being entertaining" as if simply being entertaining and putting on a good show was good enough.

So we were like screw it. Lets go all in on the entertainment circus. Bring on Manziel.
That was where I was as well.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

I was shocked when we passed on JFF, everyone knew that JJ was infatuated with him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

That was the year he was being interviewed and essentially said (paraphrasing) "Look at this beautiful stadium we have built. Are you not entertained?".

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I was shocked when we passed on JFF, everyone knew that JJ was infatuated with him.
After passing on Manzel, wasn't it postulated that someone had bound, gagged, and stuffed JJ in a closet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom