2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think the reporter did a better impression of Garrett at the end.

Just stare blankly and not know what to do when shit doesn't go as planned.
Except Garrett has a variety of canned responses/platitudes he uses when he has nothing of value to say. You've heard them all before.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:picard

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Gah, I almost forgot how close that was. Seems like I remembered it as even if he ran all the way it still might have been overthrown, but no.

Cotton

Staff member
Gah, I almost forgot how close that was. Seems like I remembered it as even if he ran all the way it still might have been overthrown, but no.
It would have easily been a TD, and would have won us the game. I have never forgiven him for that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If Ward plays meaningful minutes we have seriously come out ahead on the Switzer trade.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This is that dead zone just before the training camps start where you see stupid shit like this.

I wish I could fast forward to the second week of August. This silly ass shit is tired already.

p1_

DCC 4Life
BTB is such a homer site. Hyperbole much?

data

Forbes #1
Morris Claiborne played 82% of the NY Jets defensive snaps last year. Go figure.

Resigned for $7M.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Cowboys Beat Writer Bryan Broaddus Feels Earl Thomas Trade Is Still in Play

Seattle Seahawks safety Earl Thomas announced in June he wouldn't attend any team activities until his contract situation was "resolved," and rumors since have suggested he could end up on the Dallas Cowboys.

Bryan Broaddus of the Cowboys' official website told the Shan & RJ show on 105.3 The Fan that he believes Dallas could still be in the mix for the veteran safety (h/t Dallas Morning News):

"The Cowboys have to look at their situation at safety and figure out is this going to be good enough? Are we able to compete for a division? To get in the playoffs? Could Earl Thomas be a guy, could he be a difference maker? ... I feel like that the Earl Thomas situation still is in play. It's just a matter of where Seattle is going to be.

"I don't believe Earl Thomas is going to sit out games for Seattle. I really, really don't. You're talking about a guy that makes over $10 million. Players just don't leave those checks on the field just for principal, for that reason. I think that Seattle is going to have to figure out something. The Cowboys are going to have to figure out something. And maybe they do work something out there."

Thomas has been linked to the Cowboys all offseason.

In June, Clarence E. Hill Jr. of the Star-Telegram reported that "the Cowboys had already had talks with Seattle about acquiring Thomas at the start of free agency and during the draft. Seattle's asking price has been too high to get a deal done."

Former Seahawks defensive end Cliff Avril, meanwhile, noted that Thomas loves the Cowboys:

SiriusXM NFL Radio
✔
@SiriusXMNFL

.@cliffavril on @Earl_Thomas saying he wants to be in Dallas: Everyone in (the Seahawks) locker room knows Earl loves the Cowboys. He'd leave immediately after work just to catch them play MNF. We didn't take it too serious. Whatever team he dresses up for he's gonna do his thing
3:59 PM - Jul 3, 2018
Thomas reportedly told Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett to make a move for him following a December matchup between Seattle and Dallas:

Thomas did clarify those remarks for reporters later, per Jeremy Bergman of NFL.com:

"I've always been a Cowboys fan growing up. The biggest thing when I said, 'Come get me,' I didn't literally mean, 'Come get me now.' I'm still in the prime of my career, I still want to be here. But when Seattle kicks me to the curb, please, the Cowboys, come get me. You know? This is the place where I want to be when they kick me to the curb. So that's what I meant. People don't take me too serious. That's just who I am."

Thomas, 29, is entering the final year of his contract and is seeking a long-term extension:

It's unclear if the Seahawks will seriously entertain dealing the three-time Pro Bowler, who remains one of the best safeties in football. Pro Football Focus ranked him as the No. 66 player in all of football last season, with Sam Monson writing, "There are few players that impact a scheme as much as Thomas does in Seattle, as his range and acceleration allows the Seahawks to deploy players in unusual ways but still be covered on the back end."

If Seattle isn't interested in trading Thomas, however, and he becomes a free agent after the 2018 season, it isn't hard to imagine which team will get his first meeting. Thomas seems likely to play for the Cowboys at some point.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Morris Claiborne played 82% of the NY Jets defensive snaps last year. Go figure.

Resigned for $7M.
He was not total garbage, just not quite ready for NFL level play yet and def8nitely not worth what we traded to get him.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
He was. They gave up picks to move up in the draft for him.

But he was the highest-rated CB that they'd seen since Deion and shit, I suppose that isn't enough for yous guys?

If trading up was ever in their thoughts, I wonder if they ever pressed the Colts about the 1st pick.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Is that a real yawn or an acting yawn? If it's an acting yawn it's very good.

What does the director say? "Okay, I need your yawn here. Let me feel your yawn."

Cotton

Staff member
Is that a real yawn or an acting yawn? If it's an acting yawn it's very good.

What does the director say? "Okay, I need your yawn here. Let me feel your yawn."
Has to be real yawn. It is too good to be fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom