X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deadrise View Post
    Darn tootin'. I recall a guy named Edelman who played QB in college, wasn't invited to the combine but drafted #232 overall by NE. If memory serves, he did pretty damn well at WR and a punt returner. Went to two SBs.

Wonder why Plowboys can't leverage the skills of a guy like Beaseley or Edelman or Amendola, etc.

Nothing wrong with imitating NE. Imitate success -- vs. dismal failure over a quarter century.
    Because you can't imitate Tom Brady. Which is the only way that cluster works.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcnuttz View Post
      It's a kick in the crotch that we had Amendola on the squad for a year but chose to cut him in favor of Sam Hurd and Isaiah Stanback.
      They cut him over a muffed punt in a preseason game and because Garrett said he couldn't play outside. A decade later, we have Beasley and Switzer doing the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by boozeman View Post
        They cut him over a muffed punt in a preseason game and because Garrett said he couldn't play outside. A decade later, we have Beasley and Switzer doing the same thing.
        It's a very confusing process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
          Because you can't imitate Tom Brady. Which is the only way that cluster works.

[/B] Brady was a 6th round pick. Somebody taught him how to play QB. Not saying you can plug in a Tom Brady at QB all around the league. But how does anybody explain a QB like Garoppolo, a 2nd round NE pick. Seems like lots of "clusters" work in NE. Brady doesn't play the game all by himself.

Comment

It's a kick in the crotch that we had Amendola on the squad for a year but chose to cut him in favor of Sam Hurd and Isaiah Stanback.

There you go.

Comment

RAIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                RAIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Permitted, what a miss.

Comment

• Dak, not the most accurate guy in the world, is gonna have to quickly acclimate himself to a shitload of new receivers. Anyone else concerned?

Comment

• Originally posted by bbgun View Post
                    Dak, not the most accurate guy in the world, is gonna have to quickly acclimate himself to a shitload of new receivers. Anyone else concerned?
                    You saw the alternative already. This will be different and hopefully much better.
                    defense wins championships

Comment

• Originally posted by bbgun View Post
                      Dak, not the most accurate guy in the world, is gonna have to quickly acclimate himself to a shitload of new receivers. Anyone else concerned?
                      I've been concerned since the Denver game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
                        I've been concerned since the Denver game.
                        Come on. It was before that.
                        #Fire Garrett

Comment

• Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
                          Given Dak's strengths and tendencies, I could see putting Switzer and Beasley on the field as double slots.
                          So glad this can NEVER HAPPEN.

At least Austin has a chance to do something with the football.

WR by committee is fine so long as everyone is made to ruthlessly run proper routes or else get benched or cut.

Might actually start a tradition of next man up at the position.

Comment

• Kinda feel like there are a handful of vets I'd bring in at this point to solidify some things, though obviously on minimum contracts to see if they stick or if young guys can play at near the same level.

DT Jonathan Hankins
                            RB DeMarco Murray/RB CJ Anderson
                            S Kenny Vaccaro/S Tre Boston/S TJ Ward/S Tyvon Branch. I'd say Eric Reid.... but no chance with the flag thing.
                            LB Navorro Bowman/LB Derrick Johnson
                            TE Julius Thomas

Sprinkle a couple of these guys in here, might very well be better than RB Rod Smith, LB Joe Thomas, TE Geoff Swaim or Blake Jarwin, DT Richard Ash or Jihad Ward. I'm sure Kavon Frazier is the fourth safety and I'm not sure I want to cut him, but I feel like that position really still could use a guy if we don't get Earl Thomas.... which it seems basically guaranteed we don't, despite reports we are still interested.

Comment

• slurs cut Terrell McClain - another potential stop-gap solution.

Comment

• This is a good thing.
                                2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X