2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I didn't catch why though.

I know the DMN is now completely worthless now.
I did notice that he stopped doing the post game on the ticket this year as well. Maybe he's trying to dial back some of his work to take it a little easier.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
If he leaves for Houston and is successful you get the double whammy. Dallas getting worse and Houston better. Since I like to watch meltdowns that would almost be worth seeing.
That's likely to happen anyway regardless of what happens in Houston's front office. Watson is the real deal. They're probably a playoff team almost every year as long as he stays healthy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's likely to happen anyway regardless of what happens in Houston's front office. Watson is the real deal. They're probably a playoff team almost every year as long as he stays healthy.
The difficult thing is his health though. Watson is a talent but he isn't really built to take a beating.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Judd Garrett was a loser white RB, Garrett a career backup with one shining moment to his credit and their father was a scout who never hit big on a player. The old man was a big part of the shitty Saints teams in the 1970s for chrissakes.
Judd had a cup of coffee in Dallas too. The nepotism is strong in this organization.

p1_

DCC 4Life

This is awful.

He was the only guy there who actually wrote worthwhile articles.
Im sure he'll keep writing his stuff. Just not for that rag ass publication.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I wonder if he'll write on his blog.
This is what I'm hoping. Hell, before he wrote for the DMN his articles were much easier to format to post on here, so there's that. Plus, we don't have to jack with the DMN's pay wall anymore.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can we deny them?

1bigfan13

Staff member
If I'm McClay I absolutely take that job. What's the incentive in hanging around here in Dallas when a real GM job is available to you?

Plus he wouldn't be handcuffed by these Arkansas hillbillies.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Can we deny them?
I don't know. I thought there was a provision in these NFL contracts that allows coaches and personnel guys to take other jobs provided those other jobs are considered promotions.

This would clearly be a promotion, IMO.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Cotton

Staff member
If I'm McClay I absolutely take that job. What's the incentive in hanging around here in Dallas when a real GM job is available to you?

Plus he wouldn't be handcuffed by these Arkansas hillbillies.
Just gotta hope McClay doesn't read here.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know. I thought there was a provision in these NFL contracts that allows coaches and personnel guys to take other jobs provided those other jobs are considered promotions.

Maybe I'm wrong.
Used to be but that changed. So for example you don't have to let a QB coach go to be an offensive coordinator somewhere else. The exception to that is head coaching positions.

But there may be an exception for GM jobs in the personnel world.

Cotton

Staff member

Maybe I'm wrong.
You're correct.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Uh, his respect for Garrett, obviously.

Any other stupid questions?
Wise observation.

There are many lives that have been touched by Garrett's special brand of inspiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom