2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Report: Titans were targeting Leighton Vander Esch in the first round of the NFL Draft

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2018/5/8/17333678/titans-2018-nfl-draft-targeting-leighton-vander-esch

Jon Robinson was wheeling and dealing on draft weekend. He ended up turning six picks into four players, but filled his two biggest needs in the process. Robinson jumped in front of the Patriots to ensure that the Titans could add Alabama’s Rashaan Evans. However, that may have been his backup plan.

According to Tony Pauline of DraftAnalyst.com, the Titans were targeting another linebacker initially. He mentioned that in his draft review for the Titans.

The Titans targeted Leighton Vander Esch in the first round, but the team went to its contingency plan and selected Rashaan Evans after Vander Esch was scooped off the board by Dallas.
You may remember that Vander Esch was scheduled to visit the Titans before the draft, but that was reportedly called off.

That report always seemed odd, considering the unpredictability of the bottom half of the first round. Vander Esch also had plenty of medical rumors swirling about him. Of course, he ended up going 19th overall to the Dallas Cowboys.

The Titans then moved up to 23 to grab Evans. It seems like the two linebackers were at least close on Jon Robinson’s board. He moved up for Evans, but didn’t feel the need to move up for Vander Esch — who was heavily connected to Dallas late in the process.

And of course, we’ll never know if this report is true. But it is interesting to discuss and think through.

p1_

DCC 4Life
This will not be said of Kris Richard.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

:ez

Genghis Khan

Wow, that's not good news. Good thing Baker at least is gone.

Wonder if Marinelli isn't as good as we've made him out to be.

Yeah, all of it is pretty odd honestly.

Although Dak was pretty far in the background a lot of the series too, so I'm guessing that a lot of the impressions we are getting is at least in part manipulated by editing.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

I love Sean Lee and selfishly hope he'll stay in Dallas after playing and take on a coaching role.

Since he's from the PA he'll probably go to the Steelers.

Just out of curiosity, is this an excerpt from a book?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I love Sean Lee and selfishly hope he'll stay in Dallas after playing and take on a coaching role.

I'm not exactly sure where he got it from.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

It was from All or Nothing

Nad

Brand New Member
105.3 radio personality.......................Gordo I thinks his name....................He was commenting on the new Cowboy film..........................all or nothin.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Gordo is on the Ticket, not 105.3.

B(ob) A(nd) D(an) radio has been reviewing the episodes this week, Very entertaining, and revealing.

Cotton

Staff member
Gordo is on the Ticket, not 105.3.

B(ob) A(nd) D(an) radio has been reviewing the episodes this week, Very entertaining, and revealing.
Bob Sturm on the Athletic has been, as well.

Cotton

Staff member

Yeah, I'm glad Baker is gone.

Genghis Khan

Baker didn't seem to understand that either, but I'm assuming it was originally on Marinelli.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I've watched the whole thing but I'm curious what other people are saying.
The only issue I have is the small sample size for making a judgement... all 3 clips together were less than a minute, and, as for the 2 "coaching sessions", we don't know if they were formal or extra curricular.

Yes, the NY clip was damning, but can it explain the drop off when he was injured... because, while he wasn't playing, he was still on the sidelines.

Oh, FWIW... I believe all the coaches are/were culpable, not just the ones who were replaced, but as long as JJ has influence, that will not change.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member

:skurred

Smitty

DCC 4Life

:skurred
That was quick. Of course there isn't much to it these days.

Not surprising that the third round pick is one of the unsigned -- wasn't there something about third rounders having some quirky status in general that usually leaves the most flexibility in their terms and therefore the most negotiation or something? Maliek Collins was the last to sign too in his class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom