2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
That is just so odd.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
There's offsides and the concept of "icing" to master.
This. Please explain how offsides works in hockey. I understand icing but offsides seemed weird.

Honestly I have a hard time following a sport that has 80+ games. By mid season your team may be out of contention. Just look at the jackets.... they have been good since they got bobrovski but still suffer in many situations.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
This. Please explain how offsides works in hockey. I understand icing but offsides seemed weird.

Honestly I have a hard time following a sport that has 80+ games. By mid season your team may be out of contention. Just look at the jackets.... they have been good since they got bobrovski but still suffer in many situations.
The Jackets are doing well this year. But 3/4 of the major sports have seasons that are 80 games or longer.... the only one that doesn’t is football.

Offsides in hockey is that you can’t be in the offensive zone before the puck is brought in. It prevents a player from just hanging out in the offensive zone and Cherry picking. I think you have to have at least one skate on the ice and behind the line.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is just so odd.
Yeah it's very odd. I'm not sure if it's a result of a scheduling quirk where we get scheduled our tough games at home or if there is something legitimately hurting us when we play at home.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
The Jackets are doing well this year. But 3/4 of the major sports have seasons that are 80 games or longer.... the only one that doesn’t is football.

Offsides in hockey is that you can’t be in the offensive zone before the puck is brought in. It prevents a player from just hanging out in the offensive zone and Cherry picking. I think you have to have at least one skate on the ice and behind the line.
Thanks! I honestly don't get into the other sports for exactly that reason. I root for the Bluejackets, Cavs, and Reds but I don't follow them like I do the Cowboys.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Yeah it's very odd. I'm not sure if it's a result of a scheduling quirk where we get scheduled our tough games at home or if there is something legitimately hurting us when we play at home.
I feel like we're a better grass team than turf because we lack team speed, generally. That would explain it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I feel like we're a better grass team than turf because we lack team speed, generally. That would explain it.
I think that's a big part. I also think because of the size of our stadium they try to give the prime time games to us at home. Or at least the bigger games. But you're probably closer to the truth.

Nad

Brand New Member
Can't wait for another "Superhero" movie.........................Oh n Bye Hanna don't let the door hit you in the arse!

Nad

Brand New Member
Bye the time the Cowboy's management gets thru with FA n the off season were gonna need 10 more draft picks......................

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Team gets extra pumped up by Garrett's road-game field trips.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
She sounds cray cray, run Irving, RUN!!!

No offense but if you're a victim of domestic violence you're not hacking the dudes twitter account to post about it. Sounds more like a jaded ex girlfriend pissed off because she got dumped.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Who cares? Really...

Why does that idiotic radio station do that? Its embarassing.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Maybe, or maybe this is part of the reason the team isn't jumping to sign him long term.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Look on the bright side, it will take the NFL at least 12-14 months to complete an investigation (maybe longer since they'll have to do a "very in-depth investigation" on Reuben Foster first), so he should be good to go for this entire season and then we can re-sign him for peanuts next year since nobody will want to touch him with a 10 foot pole.

Of course I'm saying this mostly tongue in cheek because investigating something where the cops weren't even called would be idiotic but who really knows anymore?

Cujo

DCC 4Life
She sounds cray cray, run Irving, RUN!!!

No offense but if you're a victim of domestic violence you're not hacking the dudes twitter account to post about it. Sounds more like a jaded ex girlfriend pissed off because she got dumped.

Dude, I hope you're right.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dude, I hope you're right.
Well it's not like it takes any real evidence, look no further than Zeke. In the NFL we live in we basically have to treat every angry ex like a serious threat to a players career. It's sad really.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Look on the bright side, it will take the NFL at least 12-14 months to complete an investigation (maybe longer since they'll have to do a "very in-depth investigation" on Reuben Foster first), so he should be good to go for this entire season and then we can re-sign him for peanuts next year since nobody will want to touch him with a 10 foot pole.

Of course I'm saying this mostly tongue in cheek because investigating something where the cops weren't even called would be idiotic but who really knows anymore?
They will just use Zeke's and edit/replace the name.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They will just use Zeke's and edit/replace the name.
Police said the woman called at 5 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Sunday to make the complaints and identified Irving as her boyfriend. The woman said Irving "dragged her out of the house by her hair causing pain," according to a police report, before later telling the police she lied and he didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom