Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
    Dez does not halfass anything.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

    Comment


    • Comment


      • Originally posted by boozeman View Post
        I'd dump all of them except Bailey, Heath and maybe Sean Lee.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BipolarFan View Post
          Or maybe he should learn to run fucking routes better like most WRs do if they want to stay relevant as they age.
          He needs to do this, thereís no doubt. Heís not the best WR in the league, conference, or maybe even division.

          But you toss him, you can kiss a deep playoff run goodbye.

          No rookie, no FA, no trade our front office is capable of can replace him.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
            He needs to do this, there’s no doubt. He’s not the best WR in the league, conference, or maybe even division.

            But you toss him, you can kiss a deep playoff run goodbye.

            No rookie, no FA, no trade our front office is capable of can replace him.
            You don't need to replace him. He is 800 yards and 50% completion percentage. You can replace that in your sleep.

            The hard thing to replace on Dez is the goal line work. It's the one place I think we actually would really miss him.

            Comment


            • A deep playoff run needs Dez? That's not true. That mantle falls on Elliot. Not an aging, always has some Kind of injury, pouting if he doesn't get the ball, can't get open, not the greatest hands, can go on if you want me to because its all true, WR.
              #Fire Garrett

              Comment


              • Donít fool yourself. The 800 yards isnít his normal production, but a reflection of our overall ineptness as a passing offense last year.

                Twillís yardage average sunk nearly 40% since 2014. Witten caught over 20% fewer yards.

                Even the great Cole Beasely dropped from 800+ yards to a mere 300 and change.

                How do you explain that last one? You canít, because you refuse to acknowledge just how bad a year our QB had.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Rev View Post
                  A deep playoff run needs Dez? That's not true. That mantle falls on Elliot. Not an aging, always has some Kind of injury, pouting if he doesn't get the ball, can't get open, not the greatest hands, can go on if you want me to because its all true, WR.
                  Yep, we are a run oriented team with an O-line that is the best at run blocking. They honestly do not rank as the best in pass blocking. Dez is great when you need a score but honestly we rely on that way to heavily. I'd rather not have the option and instead force our team to ram the ball over the goal line instead of stupid fades to Dez inside the 10.

                  People act like there was some significant difference when Dez was out of games over the last two years. If there was a significant difference it's that the offense actually looked better. But I'm sure someone is going to try and turn this into a Dak discussion because they can't win on what Dez was doing for us.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ravidubey View Post

                    How do you explain that last one? You can’t, because you refuse to acknowledge just how bad a year our QB had.
                    Passer rating to Terrance Williams was great.

                    Passer rating to Butler was off the charts.

                    Passer rating to Dez was shit.

                    You're example sucks. The fact that Dak was still highly productive throwing to those guys but not Dez does not favor your argument.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
                      Even the great Cole Beasely dropped from 800+ yards to a mere 300 and change.

                      How do you explain that last one? You can’t, because you refuse to acknowledge just how bad a year our QB had.
                      Why then in 2016 did Dak have the highest passer rating in the NFL to Beasley? Do you think he somehow forgot how throw Beasley the ball. Your argument is nonsensicle. Teams doubled the shit out of Beasley last year. Not Dez.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                        Passer rating to Terrance Williams was great.

                        Passer rating to Butler was off the charts.

                        Passer rating to Dez was shit.

                        You're example sucks. The fact that Dak was still highly productive throwing to those guys but not Dez does not favor your argument.
                        Passer rating is vastly overrated, and always has been. Troy Aikman must have sucked if not. He only made it into the 90's twice. Never hit 100.

                        Also, your parameters of 'highly productive' must be awfully generous.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by NoDak View Post
                          Passer rating is vastly overrated, and always has been. Troy Aikman must have sucked if not. He only made it into the 90's twice. Never hit 100.

                          Also, your parameters of 'highly productive' must be awfully generous.
                          It's on a per pass basis. And while the stat may be overrated the stats across the board are worse passing to Dez than basically everyone else.

                          Comment




                          • Nice to see Dak covering up the middle finger from Switzer. Love the maturity from Dak.
                            2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                            Comment




                            • Ryan Switzer?

                              How many passes did he catch again?

                              And aviator sunglasses in the club?

                              Fuck off, hillbilly.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post


                                Nice to see Dak covering up the middle finger from Switzer. Love the maturity from Dak.
                                I sort of like the young guys all bonding. Dak will have a good influence on all of them.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X