2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The owners hands are tied when it comes to weed. They can’t take it off the banned list until it is no longer illegal in every state the NFL plays in. But saying that, their punishment for pissing hot is WAY too strict. Year long and lifetime bans? Come on now. Guys get less punishment for far worse shit.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The owners hands are tied when it comes to weed. They can’t take it off the banned list until it is no longer illegal in every state the NFL plays in. But saying that, their punishment for pissing hot is WAY too strict. Year long and lifetime bans? Come on now. Guys get less punishment for far worse shit.
Yes. This is the obvious approach. While it is still illegal that in itself demands a reaction but make it reasonable.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They should follow the NBA policies. Their hands are not tied at all.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
That's right. They can easily pay lip service to it not being allowed but simply never test for it. Few people would even realize.

Or hell, make the worst possible punishment be a one game suspension.

The nuclear punishment option they have now is beyond ridiculous.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
So now according to the wannabe scout Garrett being 3rd string qb on the Giants = Sean Payton grooming him to coach

:lol

Cujo

DCC 4Life

The reason they take a soft line approach is over half the league would be suspended.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:picard

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So now according to the wannabe scout Garrett being 3rd string qb on the Giants = Sean Payton grooming him to coach

:lol
Good Jesus.

Cotton

Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Jason Garrett.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Who's the OC? What goes through his mind on first and goal from the 3? Second and goal from the 2?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Who's the OC? What goes through his mind on first and goal from the 3? Second and goal from the 2?
With Williams letting the Garrett calling plays thing slip I wonder if it was the OC.

Cotton

Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Nothing but screens for Dez!!

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
With Williams letting the Garrett calling plays thing slip I wonder if it was the OC.
Not to mention the exact same thing was happening long before Linehan ever arrived.

Hell, I don't even have to think that hard to recall how in 2009 on MNF vs Carolina how we ran 3 pass plays from the 3 yard line only to have to settle for a FG.

Why anyone would place the blame solely on the OC when they know Garrett's history is beyond me.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dez needs his QB to trust him and throw an accurate ball believing Dez will go get it. When Dez looks covered, Dak looks elsewhere or else throws a borderline uncatchable ball at him. It feels like the only gain is so he can pay lip service later to having targeted Bryant.

Just re-watch how Rivers hit Keenan Allen all day on us when he was “covered.” Romo kept pointing it out too, which was the closest he came to criticizing Dak (backhandedly at that).

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Uhhhh...okay.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Oh hell no.

Status