2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1_

DCC 4Life
This will be year 3. I say its time to see what this guy can do. All the bravado is a little much, unless he can back that shit up on the field.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Reminds me of Martellus.
And Marty B went on to have a decent career after leaving Dallas. There is one factor in Marty B, James Hanna, and Rico Gathers. Witten. If they aren't going to cut bait with Witten, then stop wasting draft picks on TEs. It's that simple.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And Marty B went on to have a decent career after leaving Dallas. There is one factor in Marty B, James Hanna, and Rico Gathers. Witten. If they aren't going to cut bait with Witten, then stop wasting draft picks on TEs. It's that simple.
There might not be a more frustrating player on the roster when he catches the ball than Witten. Literally isn't capable of getting even 1 extra yard. And his average per catch is extremely low. But yet he still catches a good number of balls and a high percentage of the ones thrown his direction. It's painful.

Cotton

Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
There might not be a more frustrating player on the roster when he catches the ball than Witten. Literally isn't capable of getting even 1 extra yard. And his average per catch is extremely low. But yet he still catches a good number of balls and a high percentage of the ones thrown his direction. It's painful.
Which is why I suggested that they need to cut bait with him.

The Cowboys desperately need to inject more speed and athleticism (as well as creativity) into their offense.

Witten's hands are still great and he's a reliable weapon within 10 yards of the LOS, but it's time for someone else to take over the reins as the cowboys primary TE.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which is why I suggested that they need to cut bait with him.

The Cowboys desperately need to inject more speed and athleticism (as well as creativity) into their offense.

Witten's hands are still great and he's a reliable weapon within 10 yards of the LOS, but it's time for someone else to take over the reins as the cowboys primary TE.
I real head coach would do that. But you know Garrett doesn't have anywhere the balls to do something like that. Instead we will continue marching out a TE who gets us 6 to 8 yards who only helps to crowed the line of scrimmage.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I miss Jimmy. :cry

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I miss him so much.

It's a shame he was the type to burn out quickly. If we'd been able to keep him another 10 or 15 years, we'd still be the franchise we used to be.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I miss him so much.

It's a shame he was the type to burn out quickly. If we'd been able to keep him another 10 or 15 years, we'd still be the franchise we used to be.

This stuff's been hashed over a thousand times, but with Jimmy burnout was only a small contributing factor. He went on to coach in Miami, after all.

He could see where things were headed with Jerry. His timing was almost perfect -- buy low, sell high, get while the getting's good. He could also sense, I think, a change in the power relationships between coaches and players. The Cowboys' players were getting fed up with his authoritarian style and screaming fits. And whatever his style was it didn't work out that well in Miami.

His time had come and gone in Dallas and he knew it.

data

Forbes #1
It’s better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. —Confucius

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This stuff's been hashed over a thousand times, but with Jimmy burnout was only a small contributing factor. He went on to coach in Miami, after all.

He could see where things were headed with Jerry. His timing was almost perfect -- buy low, sell high, get while the getting's good. He could also sense, I think, a change in the power relationships between coaches and players. The Cowboys' players were getting fed up with his authoritarian style and screaming fits. And whatever his style was it didn't work out that well in Miami.

His time had come and gone in Dallas and he knew it.
I'm talking about him coaching 15 or 20 years here. Even if the conditions were perfect he'd have burned out long before even 15 years.

He spent a large chunk of his prime coaching years in a broadcast studio. He was never going to coach forever, no matter what.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Jimmy was never one to stay in one place for very long. He even said in interviews that his style starts to grate on both himself and those around him after 4 or 5 years.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Irony is, now that it's time to move on, there is no ready replacement. Hanna, Swaim, Gathers. That's it.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Twenty two MF'ing years, man.

Cotton

Staff member

Spags head still firmly planted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom