2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't read too much into it other than he is a wanna be rapper. But the whole out for the season with a concussion thing did worry me. I know some viewed it as a way to tuck him away for the future. But to me a guy like this with little football experience needs to spend every week with the team practicing. Not sitting around doing other lazy shit like this. At this point I've sort of written him off as a potential nice surprise but no one that I'd bank on to replace Witten.

Good news is that it turned into a pretty nice TE draft. I'm not a big Mark Andrews guy as I think he is a limited athlete with limited experience with his hand on the ground. But I'm a fan of Goedert in the second. Gesicki in the third. And then Akins, Thomas or Fumagalli in the fourth round range. I think any of those guys could really help us.
Yea, I think the TE class is sneaky decent.

Gesicki is a horrific blocker though, and not like Evan Engram who was undersized but still gave effort, he just gets ragdolled around and dominated at the POA with terrible technique and hand use.

He's an awesome target in the passing game though, so I'd be good with taking a chance on him in the 3rd, but we just have to know what to expect as far as his blocking goes. He does have a decent frame and if he can add some bulk he could become functional but that could impact his athleticism.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea, I think the TE class is sneaky decent.

Gesicki is a horrific blocker though, and not like Evan Engram who was undersized but still gave effort, he just gets ragdolled around and dominated at the POA with terrible technique and hand use.

He's an awesome target in the passing game though, so I'd be good with taking a chance on him in the 3rd, but we just have to know what to expect as far as his blocking goes. He does have a decent frame and if he can add some bulk he could become functional but that could impact his athleticism.
I think Gesicki just needs proper coaching. He has all the size you want at TE. And unlike Escobar who was big but just super awkward looking, Gesicki actually looks like a legit athlete. Shoot when we drafted Witten he wasn't a great blocker either. It just takes a little work. And Gesicki would instantly be a weapon in the passing game that would be worth taking Witten off the field for. Plus he has elite TE hands, great hops and excellent height. He can be a matchup nightmare right away.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is there anything this man can't do? :towel

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:doh

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Jesus Christ.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Guy is on the down side of his career and getting paid way too much. So the solution is an extension? Never mind the atrocious 13 mil in base salary alone the guy is about to earn this season. GTFO, only in Dallas would that shit make sense.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
:lol

Extend Dez, yea, great.

This is what happens when you're forced to produce content when there isn't really anything going on.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Don't pay attention to the throws...look at the sad fact of how slow Dez was in 17.

Man, no burst or separation at all.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

the disease is spreading
Oh for FFS. No, not every pass intended for him was incomplete because of him but he was still in the top ten in drops last season. This guy's mom's basement is probably covered with Dez memorabilia.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I just read some of the comments for that video at Youtube. Good gawd, can they slobber over Dez's knob any more?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cowboys' Rico Gathers: I'm going to be next best TE

By Kevin Patra
Around the NFL writer
Published: Feb. 19, 2018 at 07:42 a.m. Updated: Feb. 19, 2018 at 09:22 a.m.

Dallas Cowboys tight end Rico Gathers hasn't played a regular-season game in two professional seasons, yet he's confident Year 3 will mark his breakout.

The 24-year-old posted a message on Instagram over the weekend stating his goals for 2018 and beyond.

"Facts is facts," Gathers wrote. "It's only the beginning. Truth is I'm Ready for more. Been ready for more. The dilemma of me not being ready is over. I got a piece of it last year and it felt so good doing it, y'all will never understand that feeling. It was like the most epic scene of movie before the power goes out in ya house for a few hours and you forget all about what you was watching. I watched those two games the other day and I told myself "Ima be the next best tight end in this league" and I believe that with all my heart. lol y'all continue to hate while I continue to shine I love y'all, y'all make me better. God Knows my heart and that's all that counts to me. #Blessed #HumbleandHungry #LemmeEat #IWantTheWholePieThisTime #NewSZNSameRZN #killeverything"

Those two games Gathers referred to were last year's preseason tilts in which he compiled seven catches for 106 yards and two touchdowns, looking every bit the athletic freak that got him drafted despite not playing football in college. However, Gathers suffered a concussion on a helmet-to-helmet hit during training camp and was eventually placed on injured reserve, ending his season.

The tight end spent his rookie season on the Cowboys' practice squad after being drafted in the sixth round.

The 6-foot-6, 285-pound Gathers played basketball at Baylor University before leaping directly to the NFL. His raw enticing athleticism led the Cowboys to use a draft pick on the TE, despite Gathers not playing football since middle school. There was some thought in 2016 when Dallas cut Gathers before the season that a team might scoop up the tight end and carry him on the active roster just to get the freak athlete in the building. Gathers, however, has remained on the sideline in Dallas.

The Cowboys will return Jason Witten for a 16th season, but Jason Garrett & Co. would be tickled pink if Gathers lived up to the hype and became a pass-catching weapon for Dallas in 2018.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
The more he talks, the less I like him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The more he talks, the less I like him.
Yeah which really makes the offseason difficult. I went back and watched some of his preseason highlights though and he really did look excellent as a receiver. I know he had a long ways to go in terms of blocking but I really think he could help us catching the ball right now.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I guess I forget how stupid and callous I was at that age. Even so, I could only be an asshole in front a few people at a time.

But now all the world's a stage, and these guys have no hesitance in putting themselves on pedestals and proclaiming themselves assholes for all the world to see.

But not only are they assholes, they're semi-literate assholes. People who spent three or four years in close proximity to college classrooms but can barely communicate in anything that resembles English.

On the other hand, Jerry has a hard time communicating in English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom