2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1_

DCC 4Life
It's odd that there's so much reverence for a QB who piled up a lot of gaudy stats (mostly in mid-season games) but never came through at crunch time.
and he had plenty of opportunities too.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Looks like Goof Son has just handed Prescott a pen and told him to name his price.

What a fuckin' retard.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Looks like Goof Son has just handed Prescott a pen and told him to name his price.

What a fuckin' retard.
I'm thinking the Spotrac contract estimate for Dak may be light

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A lot of that was Jarwin's last big game. But yeah I don't think we miss Witten that much as a receiver. He was just so slow and unathletic. We probably miss his blocking some though. Schultz fucks up too often.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Kind of interesting that they decided to expose Dak to injury but not Zeke, even saddling him with a backup left tackle. Even if Zeke was a little beat up, most NFL teams consider their QBs to be indispensable, especially on the eve of the playoffs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kind of interesting that they decided to expose Dak to injury but not Zeke, even saddling him with a backup left tackle. Even if Zeke was a little beat up, most NFL teams consider their QBs to be indispensable, especially on the eve of the playoffs.
Yeah I think the coaches sort of wanted to give Dak a chance to sling the ball around without worrying about the pressure of a win or loss. Dak did and we won. Plus I know Dak really wanted to play. But I agree, especially playing behind an O-line of backups, you usually don't want to risk your starting QB in that situation. Of course if you look at preseason we are also more conservative with Zeke than Dak. It's just sort of the idea that RBs take a ton of pounding. You sort of want to save those runs for something that counts. QB's don't really have that same short shelf life.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah I think the coaches sort of wanted to give Dak a chance to sling the ball around without worrying about the pressure of a win or loss. Dak did and we won. Plus I know Dak really wanted to play. But I agree, especially playing behind an O-line of backups, you usually don't want to risk your starting QB in that situation. Of course if you look at preseason we are also more conservative with Zeke than Dak. It's just sort of the idea that RBs take a ton of pounding. You sort of want to save those runs for something that counts. QB's don't really have that same short shelf life.
and Dak doesnt get tackled each time he touches the ball, Zeke does. Actually, he usually gets hit multiple times per carry.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
and Dak doesnt get tackled each time he touches the ball, Zeke does. Actually, he usually gets hit multiple times per carry.
Yeah that's the problem. Dak didn't need to rest to really be fresh for the playoffs. Zeke's body takes so much punishment he really needed the rest just to get back to 100% if he even did. It all worked out perfectly, Dak was able to get in a groove heading into the playoffs and Zeke got a chance to sort of rest up his body for a week.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I hope the performance by Prescott was something that will give confidence to both the coaches and Prescott himself. It’s bad when the coaches have restraints on a QB and the QB is always up tight. It was more than obvious during Daks prior games he was as tight as a fiddle string by the way he delivered short passes. Thay were so far off the mark. Maybe his confidence level is climbing now.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Hopefully they don't force him into the lineup too often and cut too deeply into LVE's playing time. I know they want to be loyal to a well respected vet/team captain, but there's a time and a place.

Do or die playoff games are definitely not that time or place.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom