2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Agreed. Which is why I'd rather allow him to walk than give him top FA CB money.

Serious question. Can anyone name at least 2 big plays that Byron Jones made this year?

I'm not saying this to bag on the guy, because I do think he's a solid player, but I just don't think he offers up enough game changing plays to justify the money that he could command on the open market.

Whereas I can easily rattle off several big plays that guys like LVE, Jaylon, and Tank have made. Guys like that who make true impact plays are the guys who deserve the big long-term contracts. That's how I view it.
Considering that he didnt give up a TD and a 100 yard reciever until late in the season I would say that there very well could have been plenty of big plays there. We all would love the ints but look at his other stats. I think he is worth the money.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Considering that he didnt give up a TD and a 100 yard reciever I would say that there very well could have been plenty of big plays there. We all would love the ints but look at his other stats. I think he is worth the money.
Stopping a completion can be a very big play. He has had a lot of those this year.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Best 1YR: Terence Newman or Byron Jones?
Thats the problem. Our staff was playing him out of position for years. It might have not just been 1 year production.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
With the Cotton Bowl now reeled into the New Years Six CFB playoff rotation, are the Cowboys destined to to play every week 17 game on the road for the foreseeable future?

I was thinking about this today while on the treadmill.

We haven't had a week 17 home game since the 2015 season. At the moment it feels like Jerry screwed over the Cowboys with this Cotton Bowl deal. It hasn't come back to bite us yet but eventually we're going to be involved in a week 17 game that means something to the Cowboys playoff hopes. It would be nice to occasionally have one of those games at home.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I saw this Woodson comment and read through the twitter responses from Cowboys fans. I think most fans are just looking at it from a statistical standpoint.

I may be wrong but I thought Woodson was simply pointing out the difference between the two when it comes to locker room presence and leadership. You can be great and not be a great locker room guy/leader. See Terrell Owens.

And if you want to stick with the QB position, I think it's safe to say that as great as Aaron Rodgers is as a player, he's not widely viewed as a great teammate or leader.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I saw this Woodson comment and read through the twitter responses from Cowboys fans. I think most fans are just looking at it from a statistical standpoint.

I may be wrong but I thought Woodson was simply pointing out the difference between the two when it comes to locker room presence and leadership. You can be great and not be a great locker room guy/leader. See Terrell Owens.

And if you want to stick with the QB position, I think it's safe to say that as great as Aaron Rodgers is as a player, he's not widely viewed as a great teammate or leader.
I also have read over the reactions and all I have to say is that there are a shit ton of Romo fan boys who are extremely butt hurt still.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I also have read over the reactions and all I have to say is that there are a shit ton of Romo fan boys who are extremely butt hurt still.
Yep. There are going to be a few of our own who are going to be butt hurt at a former Cowboys great daring to suggest that Dak is a better leader than Romo.

The thing that'll sting the most is that Woodson is a very level headed guy in the Troy Aikman mold. He doesn't just throw out "hot takes" for the sake of getting a reaction. He provides his honest assessment based on what he's observed.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Hmnnn......break the bank for a leader of men, but a mediocre QB.

I mean what's the comparison?

Having a general who gives a great speech but is an average tactician and strategist?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmnnn......break the bank for a leader of men, but a mediocre QB.

I mean what's the comparison?

Having a general who gives a great speech but is an average tactician and strategist?
I guess we will get to see how he performs in the post season now. We have already seen he knows how to lead a team to the playoffs. But that's sort of meaningless if he can't deliver once he is in the playoffs.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yep, and they are a rabid cult. I poked them couple weeks ago on twitter about he will never be in the HOF and my mentions were butthurt Romo fans for days

1bigfan13

Staff member
Looks like we may be playing on Saturday.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
With the Cotton Bowl now reeled into the New Years Six CFB playoff rotation, are the Cowboys destined to to play every week 17 game on the road for the foreseeable future?

I was thinking about this today while on the treadmill.

We haven't had a week 17 home game since the 2015 season. At the moment it feels like Jerry screwed over the Cowboys with this Cotton Bowl deal. It hasn't come back to bite us yet but eventually we're going to be involved in a week 17 game that means something to the Cowboys playoff hopes. It would be nice to occasionally have one of those games at home.
Notice Jerry managed to insert his prune-faced self in to the pregame coin toss thing.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
It's odd that there's so much reverence for a QB who piled up a lot of gaudy stats (mostly in mid-season games) but never came through at crunch time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom