2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's what I was going to get to.

And when we do give the ball to Zeke, it's typically out of the shotgun.

I do not understand why this staff thinks it's a great idea to run power football with Zeke everywhere except within the 10 yard line in goal-to-go situations.

It's why I'm glad they got shutout the other day -- the offense and playcalling as a whole remains a major issue and it needs to be addressed in the offseason.
4th and 1 from the 20 and we seem to have no problem getting the yards. But on the goal line it's like we forget how to do it. Instead we load up the right side of the line and try to be coy running behind the left side and get a TFL. I think you absolutely have to be creative at the goal line but most of our creativity just looks like really shitty design. And the rare play designs that do work have been ending in drops lately. Or a missed throw by Dak to a wide open guy on another. But that's only a small percentage of the total plays that look horribly designed.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

4 more whole reps. Redzone struggles eliminated.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The Cowboys worked out wide receiver Sammie Coates on Friday. He was released earlier in the week by the Houston Texans. He had one catch for 12 yards, playing mostly a special teams’ role. The Cowboys have a full complement of receivers, although Tavon Austin is still working back from a groin strain.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer
16m ago

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Man they are really bound and determined to fix the goal line problems. Four more reps!!!!!
Sad thing is they are going up against a weak goalline D in Tampa Bay.

Success will be not be considered with that information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom