2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You make a good point but 24 just seems ridiculous. He's not going to be putting up any seasons with even 3800 yards. I'm not against keeping him but keep in mind that the consensus seems to be, he can only win with a good team around him.
I like Dak but even I'm hesitant to hand the long term deal. 24 mil doesn't bother me but I would prefer a contract that we could get out of after a couple years if we want. Teams that spend a few mil on a QB on a rookie contract seem to have such an advantage over teams spending 30 mil.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

This is not surprising at all. Dallas with the few penalties against their opponents.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

This is not surprising at all. Dallas with the few penalties against their opponents.
Is it a conspiracy theory to think that the league has a bit of a vendetta against the Cowboys? I'd say we are just poorly coached if we are talking about penalties against the Cowboys. But we aren't, we are talking about the other team and I don't think that can be shirked off as just coincidence.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Hes has been a healthy scratch the last 2 weeks. Anyone know WTF is going on with him?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I want a new offensive scheme as much as the next guy but you can't ignore the fact that Dak is personally responsible for leaving 7-10 points on the field damn near every week.

Yesterday he short-armed two gimme throws that were very costly.

The broadcast crew and others were blaming Olawle for dropping that pass near the end zone on 3rd and 1, but I thought it was a terrible throw on Prescott's part. That thing was so under-thrown that in order for Olawle to catch it, he would have needed to come to a full stop with a defender right in his hip pocket. Whereas if Dak actually threw him a decent pass that led him, Olawale walks into the end zone for the easy TD.

Then you had that terrible under-throw on 3rd down in the 2nd half to Jarwin. Again a good pass takes the defender out of position to make a play on the ball. It was an easy throw that Dak screwed up.

Add those two plays to the extremely long list of other easy throws he's missed to wide open WRs for would be TDs and you'd have to admit that even Linehan has an argument that Dak is making him look worse than what he is.

And let's not forget all his red zone fumbles that either cost us possession of the ball or knocked us out of FG range. 7-10 points a week lost on Dak mistakes......Every. Damn. Week. It's nauseating.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
This is one of those instances where both things can be true.

The coaching staff is not nearly good enough to seriously compete for championships and the QB has some crippling flaws that you typically don't see in Super Bowl winning QBs.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I want a new offensive scheme as much as the next guy but you can't ignore the fact that Dak is personally responsible for leaving 7-10 points on the field damn near every week.

Yesterday he short-armed two gimme throws that were very costly.

The broadcast crew and others were blaming Olawle for dropping that pass near the end zone on 3rd and 1, but I thought it was a terrible throw on Prescott's part. That thing was so under-thrown that in order for Olawle to catch it, he would have needed to come to a full stop with a defender right in his hip pocket. Whereas if Dak actually threw him a decent pass that led him, Olawale walks into the end zone for the easy TD.

Then you had that terrible under-throw on 3rd down in the 2nd half to Jarwin. Again a good pass takes the defender out of position to make a play on the ball. It was an easy throw that Dak screwed up.

Add those two plays to the extremely long list of other easy throws he's missed to wide open WRs for would be TDs and you'd have to admit that even Linehan has an argument that Dak is making him look worse than what he is.

And let's not forget all his red zone fumbles that either cost us possession of the ball or knocked us out of FG range. 7-10 points a week lost on Dak mistakes......Every. Damn. Week. It's nauseating.
Yep on all accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom