2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
This. These two have done ZERO to help Dak with what we all see plainly are his flaws. The ones he had before he came here. Its the same stuff, 3 years later. Terrible coaching, mentoring and development.
Either Romo or Wilson got thru to the guy.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
6 TDs in 3 games is pretty good.
It’s fine, but it’s lauded as special when we’ve seen far better across the league. It’s clearly been Zeke leading the charge these three games. And until those rushing TDs consistently turn into passing TDs I’m not buying otherwise.

Young passers like Goff, Watson, and Mahomes are emerging as stars while guys like Wentz and Dak are in a holding pattern.

You want our guy to one day be a Roethlisberger or Wilson, but that seems a long way away. And forget becoming a Rivers, Brady, Brees, or Rodgers.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Scuttlebutt in Dallas is that Taco was a healthy scratch vs the Skins and was benched for having a bad attitude. :shrug

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It’s fine, but it’s lauded as special when we’ve seen far better across the league. It’s clearly been Zeke leading the charge these three games. And until those rushing TDs consistently turn into passing TDs I’m not buying otherwise.

Young passers like Goff, Watson, and Mahomes are emerging as stars while guys like Wentz and Dak are in a holding pattern.

You want our guy to one day be a Roethlisberger or Wilson, but that seems a long way away. And forget becoming a Rivers, Brady, Brees, or Rodgers.
Not sure anyone has lauded him as special. Except maybe Jerry Jones.

But when you compare how he is doing with Cooper and prior to Cooper their is a substantial difference. That's all that people have really been saying.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Scuttlebutt in Dallas is that Taco was a healthy scratch vs the Skins and was benched for having a bad attitude. :shrug

Taco sez FAKE NEWS!

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Just add him to the squad with Greg Hardy and Rolando Mcclain
Cut bait at the end of the season. Just like the rest of the us, I'm past fed up with Irving. I know he has real problems and that's sad. I hope he turns it around. But his talent is useless when he's suspended or injured to the ridiculous extent that he always is.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Seems weird considering we were so thin on the Dline we were desperate for bodies.
I dont think that's necessarily true. we were very shorthanded, he would have been needed if healthy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dont think that's necessarily true. we were very shorthanded, he would have been needed if healthy.
I guess that's what I was saying. There is no way we could afford to make him a healthy scratch. Besides this coaching staff doesn't strike me as the type to do that. They don't seem to ever punish anyone for jackass behavior.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I guess that's what I was saying. There is no way we could afford to make him a healthy scratch. Besides this coaching staff doesn't strike me as the type to do that. They don't seem to ever punish anyone for jackass behavior.
I think the current environment in the NFL teams is that if the originate punishment it will be prima faca evidence for the League to review it for their punishment guidelines.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Off the subject
But since we're in need of a quality DT, how about Malcom Brown or Danny Shelton in FA? They're not the athletic types like Irving but I think they could give us some run stuffing muscle.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Off the subject
But since we're in need of a quality DT, how about Malcom Brown or Danny Shelton in FA? They're not the athletic types like Irving but I think they could give us some run stuffing muscle.
I wouldn't mind either guy but they won't really fix much. We need an elite 3 technique. Those guys would just be more talented Woods.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
Shat like this convinces me we will fail to retain McClay in the offseason. I don’t know the specifics of his deal with us, but a guy who has the track record he does with first rounders has to want the title and acclaim that comes with being the sole GM.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Shat like this convinces me we will fail to retain McClay in the offseason. I don’t know the specifics of his deal with us, but a guy who has the track record he does with first rounders has to want the title and acclaim that comes with being the sole GM.
Asked and answered...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom