2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Jerry can't wait to extend these guys because in his head it proves what a great GM he is. "See, these guys I brought here were worthy of a huge extension!"

Total madness.

And I still think the anthem stance must play into his Dak love.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

This perfectly encapsulates my primary gripe with Garrett and the offense over the years, and its the main reason I want to see Dak under a different staff.

Dak has his warts but you never see easy reads/throws schemed up for him like you see all across the league, and that's only exacerbated by how predictable the offense is overall. Hell, they barely started using rub routes/picks until this year.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very nice

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Oh, look everyone! Once again, no mention of a DT.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Those two positions are obvious but a forward-thinking team would also look to add to the DL if possible.

Lawrence is the only elite pass-rusher on the roster and the 2nd and 3rd best pass-rushers are unreliable off the field in Gregory and Irving. Collins, Crawford, Charlton, etc. are ok as complementary rushers but if you have to rely on them to be your top guys you're in trouble, and that would pretty much be the case if Lawrence were to miss time.

I'd look hard at guys like Frank Clark and Grady Jarrett, they will command big time money but you have to take a chance at some point and there's nothing wrong with spending on top players in their mid-20's, especially when they could take an already very good group and possibly turn them into a dominant one.

Sign Earl Thomas at a discount, break the bank on a Lawrence extension and either Clark or Jarrett, and you're looking at a unit similar to the 2015 Broncos that could carry a team to a Super Bowl.

Cotton

Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Amazing how anyone can get excited in the modern NFL about a QB who throws three TD's in three games.

We're driving our star RB into the ground, our defense is playing lights out, and our new WR's is making big plays after the catch.

Time for Dak to get a fucking clue here. I mean WTF?

There's no invisible ceiling... just go for it, man.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Amazing how anyone can get excited in the modern NFL about a QB who throws three TD's in three games.

We're driving our star RB into the ground, our defense is playing lights out, and our new WR's is making big plays after the catch.

Rushing TDs for QBs don't count

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

I get pretty jealous watching NFL QB's drop dimes into WR's hands on Sundays, then watch Dak flail around and throw shit into the ground, behind the WR, 3' over the WR's head...then deliver a beautiful pass out of nowhere.

The talent is there, he just needs someone to get his ass in line.

Its obviously not going to be Kellen fucking Moore and Linehan.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Rushing TDs for QBs don't count
Ok sure, they definitely make a difference, but that’s not what he’s here for. Even when you count his ground scores, it’s still 6 TDs in 3 wins.

Dak’s not elite, and we’re settling for him long term.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok sure, they definitely make a difference, but that’s not what he’s here for. Even when you count his ground scores, it’s still 6 TDs in 3 wins.

He isn't elite. But his numbers the last 3 games have been very good. I hope he continues doing that. That is all.

Cotton

Staff member

6 TDs in 3 games is pretty good.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I get pretty jealous watching NFL QB's drop dimes into WR's hands on Sundays, then watch Dak flail around and throw shit into the ground, behind the WR, 3' over the WR's head...then deliver a beautiful pass out of nowhere.

The talent is there, he just needs someone to get his ass in line.

Its obviously not going to be Kellen fucking Moore and Linehan.
This. These two have done ZERO to help Dak with what we all see plainly are his flaws. The ones he had before he came here. Its the same stuff, 3 years later. Terrible coaching, mentoring and development.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This. These two have done ZERO to help Dak with what we all see plainly are his flaws. The ones he had before he came here. Its the same stuff, 3 years later. Terrible coaching, mentoring and development.
If its the same stuff maybe Dak is a poor student. :shrug

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
If its the same stuff maybe Dak is a poor student. :shrug
He got better every year in college so the data suggests his teachers got worse

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

this goldbricker can't be an ex-Cowboy soon enough

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

this goldbricker can't be an ex-Cowboy soon enough