2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Im all in on Jones. Until now I was waiting to see if he could sustain this level of play. No doubts now.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I am in on Jones too, even to the point that the lack of interceptions doesn’t bother me too much. I wish Chido were able to fill that void. He’s clearly getting the targets.

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life
Sturm tweet:

The trend continues: no team in the NFL has converted more 3rd downs than Dallas (26) since the trade.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sturm tweet:

The trend continues: no team in the NFL has converted more 3rd downs than Dallas (26) since the trade.
This has been the biggest impact of Cooper. He is so money on third downs. The big plays are great but the turn around on third downs has been huge.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
And the Bengals swiped Ringo from the PS. Not exactly heartbreaking but not ideal with the state of the DL:

Back again, and gone again.

Ringo landed in Dallas as a former sixth-round pick of the Packers, spending two seasons at Lambeau Field before seeing short stints with both the Bengals and the Detroit Lions in 2017.

The 26-year-old is still trying to find a place to dig his heels in, having been named First-team All-Sun Belt with Louisiana-Lafayette before being scooped for NFL duties. The talent is there, but the polish hasn't yet arrived. He has negligible stats at the professional level, but delivered 109 total tackles (35.5 for loss) and 21 sacks in his 30 games for Louisiana-Lafayette, including landing 11.5 sacks in his final year. He'll be insurance for the Cowboys going forward, assuming he isn't also poached, seeing as that's rapidly becoming a thing now.

Ringo was released from the practice squad on Oct. 6, re-signed on Oct. 8, promoted to the active roster for Week 11, released on Nov. 20, re-signed to the practice squad on Nov. 21...

And has now been poached by a former team of his -- the aforementioned Bengals.

There's no word yet on who'll replace him on the Cowboys practice squad.
https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/ContentGallery/Bengals-poach-Christian-Ringo-from-Cowboys-practice-squad-after-re-signing-124725122/#124725122_1

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can’t get real worked up over PS guys. I think a Caraun Reid is viewed more favorably, Daniel Ross also.
Yeah I don't care about Ringo. I'm actually happier we never lost Darian Thompson.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
All it took was one good game for Jerry to go into "Shut up and take my money" mode. :picard Learned nothing from the Crawford debacle.

Cotton

Staff member
If Garrett is back next season I agree we shouldn't extend Dak just yet. But, if we get a new competent coaching staff next year, I see how Dak does with them and then think about an extension if he does well.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
If Garrett is back next season I agree we shouldn't extend Dak just yet. But, if we get a new competent coaching staff next year, I see how Dak does with them and then think about an extension if he does well.
Well, that's how a sane organization would go about it, but Jerry's seen enough. Dak is the new Andy Dalton. We're fucked.

p1_

DCC 4Life
oops. I hope this is only half correct.

p1_

DCC 4Life
All it took was one good game for Jerry to go into "Shut up and take my money" mode. :picard Learned nothing from the Crawford debacle.
Crawford is quietly playing very well. Took him a while, but he's doing it.

Cotton

Staff member

Pretty cool.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Some little smurf named Tre'Quan Smith ran circles around the Eagles yesterday, and last I checked, the Saints didn't fork over a first for him. Ditto Michael Thomas. I seriously doubt Cooper will have a 100 yard receiving game this year.
:towel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom