X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NoDak View Post

Whatever, Troy. All he needs is taller WRs.

Then we'll see the passes that are caught easily and in stride. Normal catches.
    Yeah, and for all the blame the coaching staff deserves, better playcalling is simply not gonna fix this.

Maybe a better QB coach could help... with mechanics and giving him insight on the sidelines. Obviously Garrett and/or Linehan is still responsible for that poor hire.

But just in terms of "the coaches are too bland" -- I mean, this is the part where it's just obvious that better playcalling or more complex playcalls won't help Prescott. In fact, it'd probably hurt him if he's asked to do more complex stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post
      I believe this to an extent. I also believe that Bryant never had the smarts or route running chops to be "AB" or "OBJ" or "D Hop."

But I also believe that Witten had the staff's ear and was overused especially later in his career. And while I love Witten, for him to demand that much focus in gameplanning, and then to walk away on us.... bad form.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDak View Post

Whatever, Troy. All he needs is taller WRs.

Then we'll see the passes that are caught easily and in stride. Normal catches.
        The guy is just armchair. F him.

Comment

• Originally posted by p1_ View Post
          I've always looked at the QB position in the same manner. Which is why very early one I strongly believed Baker Mayfield was the best QB in the 2018 draft. It's also why I I never understood the love-fest with Josh Allen.

As for Dak, it's pretty obvious that he'll likely never be a strong pocket passer capable of carving teams up with accurate throws on a consistent basis, but that doesn't mean you can't have success with QBs like Dak. It takes having a coaching staff willing to buck traditional thinking and embrace a non-traditional style of NFL play calling.

We've said it several time on this board......instead of trying to force the square peg through the round hole, Dallas should be tailoring their offense to their QB's strengths like Carolina has done with Cam Newton. But for some reason Cowboys coaches and management have dug in their heels on this issue and refuse to budge.

Comment

• defense wins championships

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by p1_ View Post
                    There are about a half dozen or more Cowboys that should go in ahead of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by boozeman View Post
                      There are about a half dozen or more Cowboys that should go in ahead of him.
                      Harvey friggin Martin

Comment

• I'm willing to bet that once Garrett is finally fired in Dallas there won't be a single team in the NFL willing to hire him as HC or OC. He's not a desirable commodity.

The best I could see him doing is landing a job as a QB coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
                          I'm willing to bet that once Garrett is finally fired in Dallas there won't be a single team in the NFL willing to hire him as HC or OC. He's not a desirable commodity.

Saban will hire him as OC for his next reclamation project
                          2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
                            I'm willing to bet that once Garrett is finally fired in Dallas there won't be a single team in the NFL willing to hire him as HC or OC. He's not a desirable commodity.

Yeah, he went from being one of the hotter coaching commodities to a bust in a pretty short window of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLK150 View Post
                              Did anyone expect anything else? Not I. The old moron couldn't see the forest for the trees if you dropped him in the middle by helicopter.

Which actually sounds like a good idea...
                              We have posters on this forum who have essentially felt the same way about Dak. I raised questions about him a long time ago when he was on his second year slide and one would have thought I was raping their daughter. Jones is just trying to defend his decision to prematurely crown Dak before he actually proved himself. A lot of people bought in before the real test results were in.
                              Since Day One

Comment

• Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post
                                We have posters on this forum who have essentially felt the same way about Dak. I raised questions about him a long time ago when he was on his second year slide and one would have thought I was raping their daughter. Jones is just trying to defend his decision to prematurely crown Dak before he actually proved himself. A lot of people bought in before the real test results were in.
                                I was on the bandwagon after his rookie season, I'll admit that. It didn't take long for me to jump off it though, starting last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X