2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
But still not better to the point the we can count on winning more games.

He's simply not playing to the level required of an NFL starting QB.
Well.... the numbers are significantly better in some areas. I think it’s fair to say Cooper’s addition translates to winning more games. The offense is just better with him.

Not great, but better.

But certainly Dak still is way below franchise QB.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Well.... the numbers are significantly better in some areas. I think it’s fair to say Cooper’s addition translates to winning more games. The offense is just better with him.

Not great, but better.

But certainly Dak still is way below franchise QB.
I agree that the only thing fans can see is that the addition of Cooper has apparently changed the way teams are playing the Cowboys. I really doesn’t stand out on the stats but you have to look at the way teams are aligning against the Cowboys. One of the real reciepients of Coopers appearance is the running game of Elliot.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Do you not think Dak has had a hand in these last two unlikeliest of wins on the road? Come on, man. Sure he's good for some idiotic plays, but he seems to redeem himself with clutch plays down the stretch.
He has courage for sure.

He’s just an average passer who needs strong defensive play, great RB play, and zero turnovers to pull off wins.

Zeke has clearly been the mvp and especially the last couple of games, but the Dak cult keeps clinging to the thought that we’ve somehow found our next franchise QB in the 4th round.

Sorry, he’s average. He has his strengths but so does everyone playing QB in the NFL who’s worth a darn.

Dak’s passer rating is 22nd in the league and his team has to claw and fight to be .500.

With very good defensive play, outstanding RB play, and two elite blockers up front— more than most teams.

It’s just time to stop making excuses for him and accept what he is.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He has courage for sure.

He’s just an average passer who needs strong defensive play, great RB play, and zero turnovers to pull off wins.

Zeke has clearly been the mvp and especially the last couple of games, but the Dak cult keeps clinging to the thought that we’ve somehow found our next franchise QB in the 4th round.

Sorry, he’s average. He has his strengths but so does everyone playing QB in the NFL who’s worth a darn.

Dak’s passer rating is 22nd in the league and his team has to claw and fight to be .500.

With very good defensive play, outstanding RB play, and two elite blockers up front— more than most teams.

He's an Alex Smith clone. He's a great bus driver, not a gifted passer, but you can win with him.
He will never be a Tony Romo/Patrick Mahomes/Jared Goff. In our current window, we have the other pieces in place, and while we do, we are stuck with Dak until 2019. He doesnt appear to be a franchise guy now, nor do I have faith that this staff can develop him into one. He's gonna get paid, though.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He has courage for sure.

I honestly don't understand how Jerry Jones can watch a game like last night and come away content with what he has in Dallas at QB and Head Coach. Yet that senile old bastard is on the radio every other day doubling down on how Dak's a franchise QB and how he'll be extended.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He's an Alex Smith clone. He's a great bus driver, not a gifted passer, but you can win with him.
He will never be a Tony Romo/Patrick Mahomes/Jared Goff. In our current window, we have the other pieces in place, and while we do, we are stuck with Dak until 2019. He doesnt appear to be a franchise guy now, nor do I have faith that this staff can develop him into one. He's gonna get paid, though.
He's good enough to keep you in that 7 to 10 win range but I don't foresee another 2016 like season in his future. As Ravi pointed out in his previous post, with Dak's limitations the Cowboys have to play near mistake free football coupled with a strong running game just to pull out close wins.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

:lol
This person understands us as fans.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I don't foresee another 2016 like season in his future.
As Ravi pointed out in his previous post, with Dak's limitations the Cowboys have to play near mistake free football coupled with a strong running game just to pull out close wins.
you just described his 2016 season. All thats missing is Jason Witten.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He has courage for sure.

Exactly.

"Dak completed a 14 yard post route in the 4th quarter! Can't you see how good he is?!"

It's ridiculous.

Some people want to praise him for doing typical stuff that an NFL-caliber starting quarterback should be able to do on a weekly basis.

What's next? If Amari Cooper gets four catches for 53 yards every single week are we going to excuse the fact that he's not getting into the endzone or going over a hundred yards just because he didn't drop passes or got both feet in bounds on a sideline catch?

Give me a break.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Schultz can catch about the same. He just can't block like Swaim and fucks up too much. Jarwin just sucks all around. Rico time!!!
I roll with Rico and Dalton. Jarwin is not a consideration; maybe special teams, but certainly no targets.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I honestly don't understand how Jerry Jones can watch a game like last night and come away content with what he has in Dallas at QB and Head Coach.
Jerry wasn't watching the game, he was reading the latest Forbes ratings.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's pretty insane. And would be understandable if there weren't some crazy obvious holds that aren't being called. And they still get called against us.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exactly.

"Dak completed a 14 yard post route in the 4th quarter! Can't you see how good he is?!"

It's ridiculous.

Some people want to praise him for doing typical stuff that an NFL-caliber starting quarterback should be able to do on a weekly basis.

What's next? If Amari Cooper gets four catches for 53 yards every single week are we going to excuse the fact that he's not getting into the endzone or going over a hundred yards just because he didn't drop passes or got both feet in bounds on a sideline catch?

Give me a break.
And some people want to trash him even when he makes a good play. Regardless we can all agree that this offense isn't going to go anywhere with Garrett and Linehan at the helm. It's just too basic and easy to predict. Dak has been clutch this year with the ball in his hands at the end of games. But we all want to see a lot more besides the 2 minutes before both halves. I just wish we saw more of the 2 minute Dak the rest of the game because the clutch ability doesn't matter if your team is down two scores.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I just wish we saw more of the 2 minute Dak the rest of the game because the clutch ability doesn't matter if your team is down two scores.
Good point right here...Dak in the hurry-up has been pretty damn good. I'd roll with that more regularly than just the end of the half.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good point right here...Dak in the hurry-up has been pretty damn good. I'd roll with that more regularly than just the end of the half.
Watching that game last night was like running a 2 minute offense the entire game. It was insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom