2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
what advice do you think he's railing against? and from whom?
Not really sure. Could be Stephen Jones recommending he think about canning Garrett. Just wishful thinking.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Not really sure. Could be Stephen Jones recommending he think about canning Garrett. Just wishful thinking.
what a selfish old fuck. Its got to be all about him. What a lousy owner, and worse GM.

junk

Not So New Member
Would that even matter at this point? He'd hire some other uninspiring lackey (like Norv) and we'd just see the same thing week after week.

The whole culture of the organization is flawed starting at the top with Jerry. And no matter how much he looks at the man in the mirror, he isn't going to change. He's still putting butts in seats every week and making handfuls of cash. He got in the HoF. He really has no incentive to try to win or change.

Since he owns the team, and acts as GM, there is no real critical assessment on what they are doing and why it isn't working.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would that even matter at this point? He'd hire some other uninspiring lackey (like Norv) and we'd just see the same thing week after week.

The whole culture of the organization is flawed starting at the top with Jerry. And no matter how much he looks at the man in the mirror, he isn't going to change. He's still putting butts in seats every week and making handfuls of cash. He got in the HoF. He really has no incentive to try to win or change.

Since he owns the team, and acts as GM, there is no real critical assessment on what they are doing and why it isn't working.
I would love Norv as an offensive coordinator. Some coaches just aren't cut out for the HCing job but are awesome coordinators. Look no further then what he has done for Cam this season. Their offense doesn't even resemble ours in the least bit.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It probably has something to do with marketing. That would rile Jerry up because nothing on the field really does.

p1_

DCC 4Life

This guy is one reason I still follow the team. I grew up watching him win.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I'm talking about the season overall. The whole defense sucked against Tennessee.
I didn't see this game. dId they really suck or have they seen the downward spiral of the team and started to slack off to preserve their bodies in light of a wasted year?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I didn't see this game. dId they really suck or have they seen the downward spiral of the team and started to slack off to preserve their bodies in light of a wasted year?
The pass defense was just shit. Chido was a big part of it. Giving up easy third down conversions.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't want to jynx the man but we haven't seen the supposed drops issue either. He appears to catch the ball very naturally.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I'll be honest...the past 4 days I've been hunting in the eastern NC region for Black Bear. Stayed in a lodge with 1 central TV, internet access etc. I didn't go down to the main lodge to watch the Philly/Dallas game, nor did I follow it on the internet. The only update I got was when my son sent a text that said "Zack Martin looks hurt" to which I replied..."who gives a shit".

I don't feel like I missed a thing, nor did I even care who won. Nor do I care moving forward. I'm going to continue to hang out here this season but it feels good to be rid of the every week OMG will the Cowboys win this game rollercoaster ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom