2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
If you want to play the imaginary which guy a GM would pick game no one should be putting Alex Smith, Garrapolo, Winston or Goff higher than Dak. Those are all guys with one year or less of success or suckiness. And shit, most would take Dak in a heart beat over Eli whose career is almost over.
The debate is who's better right now, not who's better in years to come, and right now, two seasoned QBs like Smith and Manning are better. As for Garrapolo, he single-handedly took over a shitty team and instantaneously made them winners. I agree that he's a little too kind to Goff. Winston, like Newton, is a dick, but he'd get the nod due to physical abilities alone.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Prescott is not Quinthy retarded. Let's not go that far.
I didn't say Prescott is retarded, I said Dez was. A little early in the AM to be hitting the Glenlivet...? :unsure

Romo was a hell of an improviser, even though the outcome wasn't always preferable.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The debate is who's better right now, not who's better in years to come, and right now, two seasoned QBs like Smith and Manning are better. As for Garrapolo, he single-handedly took over a shitty team and instantaneously made them winners. I agree that he's a little too kind to Goff. Winston, like Newton, is a dick, but he'd get the nod due to physical abilities alone.
You talk out of both sides of your mouth. If we are talking right now then you can't bring up Eli's superbowl from half a decade ago. Eli Manning right now is a 80.4 QB rating QB who won 4 games last season. In no way in hell could you argue that right now Eli is a better QB than Dak. Sure Eli has had a better "career" but we aren't talking careers, we are talking right now. Newton you at least have a little argument but statistically Dak was a better QB last year. What Cam has is that his team won more games than Daks. But again, if you base things on winning games than Dak is a whole lot better then the vast majority of NFL QBs.

And Winston, for fucks sake. That guy is a massive loser. You'd have to be an idiot to want that turd over Dak.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Schmitty is to Garrett as CRock is to Dak
Yeah except one of those two doesn't suck. But according to most on this board we must we the worst 9-7 team in NFL history. Terrible QB, worst NFL coach, no defense...

Amazing really. I must be a fool for not believing everything is utter shit.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Yeah except one of those two doesn't suck. But according to most on this board we must we the worst 9-7 team in NFL history. Terrible QB, worst NFL coach, no defense...

Amazing really. I must be a fool for not believing everything is utter shit.
So Garrett sucks, but he's not technically the worst. Hooray for us.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
:sad

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep, slowest fucking offense in the NFL.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well, that's fucking depressing.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
and it fucking shows on the field.
Of course it does. You terribly handicap your QB when you can't stretch the field. And, the first person that comes at me with "Dak can't make the deep pass" is getting a pineapple up the ass.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
and it fucking shows on the field.
Especially when Zeke was out. He is the only explosive player we have. And while Morris filled in admirably he is more of a plugger. Lets face it, he is a 4.67 forty kind of guy.

I don't want to draft guys on offense simply because of a forty number but you sure as shit need to try to draft guys who are explosive for their position. That includes TE and WR where we have guys that are average or slow for their position across the board.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Especially when Zeke was out. He is the only explosive player we have. And while Morris filled in admirably he is more of a plugger. Lets face it, he is a 4.67 forty kind of guy.

I don't want to draft guys on offense simply because of a forty number but you sure as shit need to try to draft guys who are explosive for their position. That includes TE and WR where we have guys that are average or slow for their position across the board.
It's doubly frustrating we won't draft a speed guy when you add in slow developing plays

data

Forbes #1
Guess the change up pitch doesn’t work in football like it does baseball.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The real problem is not in the front office, it's with the philosophy the coaching staff (presumably Garrett) has with WR's and their very "inside the box" thinking.

It seems they basically only consider two types of WR's; either a 6-2/200+ "outside" type, or a slot type, and never the two shall meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom