2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I can’t see Riley being ready yet for the NFL. He is still learning how to be a coach at a highly successful college program. He needs more tenure with keeping success as the norm to really get to be a seasoned coach who has kept a successful program on target. Maybe after three to five years of coaching at the current level will round him to the level he can bring that success to the NFL.
Are you new here? We hire unproven qb coaches for the HC position and then let them learn on the job.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The pining for Wade is beyond retarded; the man is a mess as a coach. No thanks.
I dont think anybody wants Wade. My post was a poor joke as its about the last and worst hire thats even remotely possible. Even for Jerry.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Vegas odds on the next Dallas head coach, first time I've heard Josh McDaniels' name thrown out there in any way. Hell, I'd forgotten about him.

Dallas Cowboys Head Coach in Week 1 of 2019 Regular Season:

Josh McDaniels +250
Sean Payton +300
John DeFilippo +500
Jason Garrett +600
George Edwards +1000
Dave Toub +1500
Jim Harbaugh +2000
Ken Norton Jr. +2000
Kris Richard +2000
Jeff Brohm +2000
Dan Campbell +2000
Matt LaFleur +2000
Jim Bob Cooter +2000
Chris Petersen +2500
David Shaw +2500
Lincoln Riley +2500
Pete Carmichael +2500
Tom Herman +3000
Urban Meyer +3000
Mike Munchak +3000
Bruce Arians +3000
Jim Schwartz +3000
Leslie Frazier +3000
Gus Bradley +3000
James Bettcher +3000
Gus Malzahn +4000
Dabo Swinney +4000
Todd Haley +4000
Nick Saban +5000
Les Miles +5000
Brian Kelly +5000
Chip Kelly +5000
Lane Kiffin +5000
Jimbo Fisher +5000
Mike Leach +5000
Matt Rhule +7500
Mike Gundy +7500
James Franklin +7500
Kliff Kingsbury +10000
Gary Patterson +10000
Bob Stoops +20000
Bobby Petrino +20000
Tony Romo +25000
Bill Cowher +25000
Jimmie Johnson +50000
Barry Switzer +50000
Ron James +50000
Jerry Jones +50000
Field (Any Other Coach) +150

I wonder if any sane gambling man would place a bet on any of these, I straight up chuckled at a few of them.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/story.cfm/story/1943420
I don’t understand the numerical assignments as to probability. Is this a number system of odds such as 250 means 250 to 1 And 3000 is 3000 to 1?

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Riley's happy where he's at and no way in Hades does Saban give up his cushy gig at 'Bama. Dallas would have to pay through the ass and cede some franchise control to either, not happening. Said it before, the book is out on the Jones family and no quality coach in his right mind would go there even if they had Fort Knox dropped in their laps. I'm sure feelers have been sent out and were shut down quickly.
I sometimes wonder whether the reason Jerry seems so stuck on Garrett is that he knows precisely that -- no coach with the right résumé or any self respect would want to work for Jerry. Jerry's worried about the humiliation factor if he has to go coach hunting. Garrett is perfectly willing to eat a shit sandwich every day. Few if any legitimate coaches would even entertain a job offer that involved eating a shit sandwich every day. Jerry knows that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don’t understand the numerical assignments as to probability. Is this a number system of odds such as 250 means 250 to 1 And 3000 is 3000 to 1?
I think it means if you bet a dollar you would win $250. But if that was the case I'd put $20 on Garrett and get the massive rewards.

Rev

Staff member
I sometimes wonder whether the reason Jerry seems so stuck on Garrett is that he knows precisely that -- no coach with the right résumé or any self respect would want to work for Jerry. Jerry's worried about the humiliation factor if he has to go coach hunting. Garrett is perfectly willing to eat a shit sandwich every day. Few if any legitimate coaches would even entertain a job offer that involved eating a shit sandwich every day. Jerry knows that.
I think it's exactly as was speculated not too long back by some mediot close to the team. He doesnt want to start over at this late stage. Even Stephen mentioned that they didnt want to change coaches because then you might have to change all of them.

Rev

Staff member
Shocked Norv Turner does not have odds.
I know its a running joke nationally about Jerry coaching but I still fund that hilarious. Add in that he has odds and Turner doesnt makes it more hilarious.

p1_

DCC 4Life

The man has a point.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Turner is in his 60s and it's been like 5 or 6 years since his last HC gig so his best bet is to hang on with Carolina and hope he can win one more ring there. On top of that, he was pretty much a flop as a HC plus knows Jerrah's meddling ways.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Turner is in his 60s and it's been like 5 or 6 years since his last HC gig so his best bet is to hang on with Carolina and hope he can win one more ring there. On top of that, he was pretty much a flop as a HC plus knows Jerrah's meddling ways.
Yep Turner has had his tenure as a head coach in the nfl and memory serves me that he didn’t fare ant better than Garrett. He wouldn’t be an improvement in my opinion.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
While I agree, Fisher has more skins on his wall but towards the end of his coaching career he was crap. He was still clinging to old concepts that may have worked great 20 years ago but they don't work well in today's NFL. It's a similar situation with Garrett. He is still stuck in what worked in the 90's but the NFL has changed so much since then and he isn't capable of adapting to the NFL as it is today.

p1_

DCC 4Life
While I agree, Fisher has more skins on his wall but towards the end of his coaching career he was crap. He was still clinging to old concepts that may have worked great 20 years ago but they don't work well in today's NFL. It's a similar situation with Garrett. He is still stuck in what worked in the 90's but the NFL has changed so much since then and he isn't capable of adapting to the NFL as it is today.
thats why I like the Lewis comparison better. Lewis hasnt done shit, and neither has garrett.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
thats why I like the Lewis comparison better. Lewis hasnt done shit, and neither has garrett.
I think Lewis is better than Garrett though. He has at least brought in some bright offensive coordinators. He also made the playoffs for like 5 straight years with the Bengals. I'm not a big Lewis guy but I think he is at least capable of adapting what he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom