2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No because these are volume stats and we don't throw a lot in general.
CRock dropped the percentages. We are near the bottom of the league in the percentage of short passes, too.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:lol

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

arm chair bitch.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

Sounds like a coach that is real comfortable and has job security.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Doesn't this kinda fly in the face of those that claim Dak is dink and dunk?
As posted, that stat is meaningless. It averages YAC from every catch together independent of where or how accurately the ball was delivered.

An accurate pass has everything to do with throwing the receiver open and best leading him into defender-free space.

The stat also does not factor incompletions.

Bottom line is almost all stats suck at telling you much. You have to see it.

If good football fans think Dak is being ultra-conservative, then he probably is.

Let’s hope Cooper helps change that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
As posted, that stat is meaningless. It averages YAC from every catch together independent of where or how accurately the ball was delivered.

An accurate pass has everything to do with throwing the receiver open and best leading him into defender-free space.

The stat also does not factor incompletions.

Bottom line is almost all stats suck at telling you much. You have to see it.

If good football fans think Dak is being ultra-conservative, then he probably is.

Let’s hope Cooper helps change that.
I don't think anyone was talking about the YAC. They were talking about the number of pass attempts 5 yards and under where Dak has the third least in the NFL.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't think anyone was talking about the YAC. They were talking about the number of pass attempts 5 yards and under where Dak has the third least in the NFL.
The term is Dink and Dak

It’s a slight bit better than dinking and dunking, enough to fool most stats, but still takes too many plays to drive the length of the field. Lots of hooks, comebacks/curls, squares.

You can forget accurately delivered passes that lead receivers upfield or heaven forbid a back shoulder pass.

To make up for all these very normal passes, we have to hope for the occasionally clearly open receiver deep in single coverage who adjusts and grabs over-the-shoulder.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Hey, Im gonna fire my oline coach. How ya like that?

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I mean it would be dumb for anyone to build their offensive attack around the guy. But he also cost a fraction of Cooper. Cooper is a shot at a long term solution, Gordon would have been a shot at a short term solution.

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I mean it would be dumb for anyone to build their offensive attack around the guy. Be he also cost a fraction of Cooper. Cooper is a shot at a long term solution, Gordon would have been a shot at a short term solution.
Also Gordon was late for a meeting and is being held out a quarter, going by the reporting you'd think he failed a drug test

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also Gordon was late for a meeting and is being held out a quarter, going by the reporting you'd think he failed a drug test
Yeah, something I think Dez did repeatedly in Dallas and we probably never even heard about it.

p1_

DCC 4Life

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
They're playing the Bills...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom