2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So we have established that Dez Bryant is a retard and Romo kept him under control and productive.

Not surprising.
Hell, Romo made guys like Laurent Robinson, Miles Austin and Patrick Crayton productive.

It's what good QBs do.

Which is why I don't subscribe to the theory that Dez is declining and it's holding Dak back. Good QBs make it work.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hell, Romo made guys like Laurent Robinson, Miles Austin and Patrick Crayton productive.

It's what good QBs do.

Which is why I don't subscribe to the theory that Dez is declining and it's holding Dak back. Good QBs make it work.
My point had little to do with Romo and more to do with Bryant.

I know you are on an anti-Prescott crusade right now and I don't necessarily disagree. But Bryant's issues even with Romo are only worse now.

He is declining and has been for the last three years. Part injury, part retarded brain.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't totally agree with him, but I'm thoroughly enjoying Geng's anti-Dak posting.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Frederick and T. Smith or Witten if he was five years younger.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
So we have established that Dez Bryant is a retard and Romo kept him under control and productive.

Not surprising.
Romo could make shit happen out of thin air, Dak notsomuch. Oh and yeah, Dez is a retard.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Frederick and T. Smith or Witten if he was five years younger.
Prescott is not Quinthy retarded. Let's not go that far.
Prescott has a lot of upside but he isn’t a seasoned player. That takes time. Some folks put too much confidence in his rookie season and are looking everywhere to see what went wrong. No need to get to far away from one of the primary problems. Prescott needs more schooling. Once that I’d done he just may begin to look like his rookie season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Romo could make shit happen out of thin air, Dak notsomuch. Oh and yeah, Dez is a retard.
Yeah Dak has actually made some pretty impressive scrambles and plays on his own as well.

My only real issue with Dak is that he has turned into a conservative nancy. He wasn't nearly as much so as a rookie. I don't know if it was the coaches, the fact that his security blanket in Zeke was out or what exactly it was. Every QB misses some throws, so this expectation that a QB is going to be perfect is silly. Romo missed throws. He threw some boneheaded picks as well. But he stayed aggressive as a passer even on his off days. Last year Dak just was not comfortable at all. I hope the Zeke situation being settled will help fix that. I'd like to get some other young weapons that he can grow with as well.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Dak had little or no pressure on him in 2016. He was a 4th round pick, there were no expectations. Teams didn't have much opportunity to scout him, plus he had Zeke tearing things up.

Fast-forward to 2017 -- suddenly there are a ton of expectations. Teams had time to watch tape, figured out how to nullify Beasely, etc. O Line's not as good, no Zeke for part of the season, plus being coached by Moe, Larry and Curly -- Garrett, Linehan and Wilson. Predictable, unimaginative offense from predictable, unimaginative coaches.

Little wonder Dak went downhill in 2017.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Colin said we ain't getting to the promised land with the 13th best QB in the conference.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Colin said we ain't getting to the promised land with the 13th best QB in the conference.

Probably because his rankings are uninformed imagination used to rile up Cowboys fans and boost ratings?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Probably because his rankings are uninformed imagination used to rile up Cowboys fans and boost ratings?
but his unscientific list is pretty accurate when you think about it. worse, Dak will drop to 14th if Cousins signs with an NFC team (gulp).

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
but his unscientific list is pretty accurate when you think about it. worse, Dak will drop to 14th if Cousins signs with an NFC team (gulp).
It's not even close to accurate

I'll give you a great example, Cam Newton. He ranks number 7 on this list. Tell me why Cam Newton is the better QB? He posted an 80.7 QB rating last season. He has a career QB rating of 85.3 and completed 59% of his passes.

Dak Prescott posted a 86.6 QB rating last year. He has a career QB rating of 95.5 and he completed 62.9% of his passes.

So why the fuck is Cam Newton the better QB? Because his team was better this season? Because if that's the measuring stick you're using to judge QBs, Dak's career winning percentage is better than most of the QBs on that list.

Like I said, that list is a joke. It's a list based on nothing. I get that some people on here really hate Dak but it's sort of ridiculous how hard people have to try.

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life
The idiot has Garopolo at 5. How many games has he started?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

I'll give you a great example, Cam Newton. He ranks number 7 on this list. Tell me why Cam Newton is the better QB? He posted an 80.7 QB rating last season. He has a career QB rating of 85.3 and completed 59% of his passes.

Dak Prescott posted a 86.6 QB rating last year. He has a career QB rating of 95.5 and he completed 62.9% of his passes.

So why the fuck is Cam Newton the better QB? Because his team was better this season? Because if that's the measuring stick you're using to judge QBs, Dak's career winning percentage is better than most of the QBs on that list.

Like I said, that list is a joke. It's a list based on nothing. I get that some people on here really hate Dak but it's sort of ridiculous how hard people have to try.
this is silly. Newton is a former #1 overall pick and league MVP. you can have your issues with him as a pure passer and still conclude that every single GM would take him over Dak.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
this is silly. Newton is a former #1 overall pick and league MVP. you can have your issues with him as a pure passer and still conclude that every single GM would take him over Dak.

I'm not a GM (but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night) but I would not have that sonafabitch Newton on my team.

The sulking, the theatrics, the body language, the look-at-me narcissism: it's all about Cam, all the time. He boldly proclaimed coming out of college that he would be a "media presence" -- nothing about helping a team win or anything like that -- but a "media presence."

I don't know where Dak will wind up in the hierarchy of QBs, but give me a young man who wears a sport coat and a bow tie and wears his celebrity with grace, class and humility.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Yep, he has a lot of douche in him, but I don't think Cowherd's rankings factored in personality.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you want to play the imaginary which guy a GM would pick game no one should be putting Alex Smith, Garrapolo, Winston or Goff higher than Dak. Those are all guys with one year or less of success or suckiness. And shit, most would take Dak in a heart beat over Eli whose career is almost over.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Careful you are getting close to Aikman's career passing stats. And before everyone jumps up I picked Aikman to display because he is a solidly entrenched QB in the annals of NFL football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom