2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I've read this before but had forgotten about it.

There are obviously rivalries in the NFL, some stretching back decades and rank amongst the best around, but few -- if any -- match the unbridled hatred that exists between the Dallas Cowboys and the Washington Redskins. It reaches all the way back to 1960, when eventual Cowboys' owner Clint Murchison, Jr. squared off against then-Redskins' owner George Preston Marshall in a battle that would change the landscape of the NFL forever. Murchison, a Texas oil tycoon, struck an agreement with Marshall to purchase the Redskins, but Marshall sought to change the terms of the deal at the last minute. An infuriated Murchison then went about lobbying for an expansion team of his own in Dallas, at a time when there were no NFL teams in the South.

Marshall tried to block the expansion by breaking bad on what needed to be a unanimous "yes" from all owners, leading Murchison to play hardball. The Dallas-native figured out the Redskins didn't own their own "Hail to the Redskins" fight song, and he used that against them by purchasing the song rights from the composer. Just ahead of the final vote for possible expansion, Murchison told Marshall he no longer had permission to play his beloved fight song and rights would only be relinquished if Marshall voted yes on allowing Dallas to house an NFL team.
https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Cowboys-vs-Redskins-Insider-lays-out-blueprint-on-mirror-match-123475735/?fbclid=IwAR0LoHr313P1Sl8rPBYwePUKRMxR5t0eGZZKNj3ibOpZ5KQU3_w7EDX49hs

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's spreading the ball around the field better than I thought but the majority are still within ten yards of the LOS.
Yeah the positive is that some QBs really struggle to complete the ball across the field and favor one side or the other. That doesn't really seem to be the case with Dak. But I'm with you, we need more balls thrown down field, but we have always known that. Even just attempts to sort of keep defenders honest would be a good idea.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol Yeah, notsomuch. Just trying to find any way to get up for this game.
I'd be a whole lot happier going into the bye week 4-3 as opposed to 3-4. Especially if Dak is able to string back to back strong performances. This rollar coaster of up and downs is nauseating. Especially because we play a pretty weak team coming out of the bye week.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Oh. It only applies when Dak is doing bad? I see. That’s objective. :art
First I thought you were jist trying to pull my leg. Second even if that had anything to do with Moore I would say that the sun shines on a dog's ass at least once.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
First I thought you were jist trying to pull my leg. Second even if that had anything to do with Moore I would say that the sun shines on a dog's ass at least once.
I mean if Dak puts on a show the rest of this season I'd be happy to give Moore props. We are a long ways away from that though. Especially after a stellar performance based largely on Dak making plays happen with his legs.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Well, how about the OC communicate directly with the QB instead of going through the QB coach? Brilliant, I know.

I don't understand why this is suddenly a problem this year. In the past we have if anything played better on the road. Now suddenly the offense can't communicate when there is noise? It seems like some of the most basic shit is what is tripping this team up. Stuff that any coach should be able to resolve easily.
The OC is not on the sideline this year.

Cotton

Staff member

Wow.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lol I love it. The man needed money.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Wow.
nice, now he's paring up with an ambulance chaser.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cotton

Staff member
Above Kuechly. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom