2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Well yeah, of course we aren't going to sign him long term this off season. No reason to jump the gun on a guy who hasn't played a 16 game season in his career.
I don't even think he means it for this year only and why come out and say it? Just dumb all the way around.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't even think he means it for this year only and why come out and say it? Just dumb all the way around.
Trying to let people know he is available. They will probably hang a low tender on him to try to get a draft pick for him. Goof Son is all crafty like that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think that's a big reach. He has another season before he hits free agency. They are sending a message to him that he better stay on the field. I know it feels weird but this is standard procedure for other teams.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Trying to let people know he is available. They will probably hang a low tender on him to try to get a draft pick for him. Goof Son is all crafty like that.
:lol

Rev

Staff member
I think that's a big reach. He has another season before he hits free agency. They are sending a message to him that he better stay on the field. I know it feels weird but this is standard procedure for other teams.
It might be a reach for other teams but do you really think it is for this front office? Just put the tender on him (which is what I expected) and go from there. No need to broadcast your intentions.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It might be a reach for other teams but do you really think it is for this front office? Just put the tender on him (which is what I expected) and go from there. No need to broadcast your intentions.
We will put a tender on him. Are you honestly afraid that we aren't going to? That's the last consideration in my mind.

There is nothing about broadcasting intentions. It's about motivating the player and sending a message to him that sitting out for 4 weeks with a concussion isn't going to get you a big pay day. It's nothing more than a motivational technique. If he puts it together with a monster season next year, which we all know he is capable of, he is going to get a long term deal in Dallas. But until then he isn't going to get Martin/Frederick type treatment of an extension a year in advance.

Rev

Staff member
We will put a tender on him. Are you honestly afraid that we aren't going to? That's the last consideration in my mind.

There is nothing about broadcasting intentions. It's about motivating the player and sending a message to him that sitting out for 4 weeks with a concussion isn't going to get you a big pay day. It's nothing more than a motivational technique. If he puts it together with a monster season next year, which we all know he is capable of, he is going to get a long term deal in Dallas. But until then he isn't going to get Martin/Frederick type treatment of an extension a year in advance.
I said that I know they are going to put the tag on him. I just don't think you have to announce this stuff to media or other teams. We do that all the time, too. Motivate him in a meeting. That's my issue. Teams are going to see the tag on him so no need to announce it if that's what they are doing. I'm sure calls are made behind the scene as well.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I also believe it’s a motivational technique. He ain’t going anywhere, and especially not if he produces.

I also like the tone it sets for the franchise. Irving and his agent aren’t the only folks listening.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think there's a great chance he really is such a big head case behind the scenes that they really would take the pick. There's some reason a player with his talent went to Iowa State and wasn't on an NFL active roster.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Tyron and Frederick. They are both that good kinda crazy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tyron and Frederick. They are both that good kinda crazy.
Lee coming to kill me sounds a little scary until you realize he would probably pull a hamstring or get concussed trying.

Cotton

Staff member
Lee coming to kill me sounds a little scary until you realize he would probably pull a hamstring or get concussed trying.
I read through the replies. Hardly anyone (if anyone) chose Frederick. That's crazy. That man is nucking futs.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I read through the replies. Hardly anyone (if anyone) chose Frederick. That's crazy. That man is nucking futs.
No kidding, any guy that can pull off a viking beard like that and not look like a hipster bitch I want on my side

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
No kidding, any guy that can pull off a viking beard like that and not look like a hipster bitch I want on my side
He is my first choice. No question. If Martin was a choice, I am done.

D

Deuce

I can deke around Tyron and make him tweak his back.

I would choose Fredbeard and DLaw. Not only does it keep him off my back, but he looks like a Canadian gangsta.

Cotton

Staff member

Hmm...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Hmm...
So we have established that Dez Bryant is a retard and Romo kept him under control and productive.

Not surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom