2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Looney is our jumbo package TE, but as fast as he is he may need to catch some passes.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Williams won't be going ANYWHERE.
I mean our run blocking is definitely better this year so far.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Why are you ready to proclaim Joe Looney a starter anyway? That’s kinda silly IMO.
I've just always been of the opinion that you start your 5 best linemen, Looney can play guard and center and if he is playing better than Williams I would definitely take a look at it. I'm not declaring Williams a bust or even saying he's been terrible, but if there is a weak link it would be him right now. So the question is, do you try sliding Looney into that spot, a veteran guy who is playing well right now? Or let Williams continue to figure it out? We know Williams will be back next year, no guarantee on Looney.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've just always been of the opinion that you start your 5 best linemen, Looney can play guard and center and if he is playing better than Williams I would definitely take a look at it. I'm not declaring Williams a bust or even saying he's been terrible, but if there is a weak link it would be him right now. So the question is, do you try sliding Looney into that spot, a veteran guy who is playing well right now? Or let Williams continue to figure it out? We know Williams will be back next year, no guarantee on Looney.
I agree with you there. Center is just different than guard. There is no guarantee that he would play guard as well as he has been playing center. Plus if it's even close I'd rather go with the young guy who is developing and getting better. Connor is going to be a starter here probably for the next 4 years. I wouldn't want to damage his progression in any way.

Regardless I can't wait for Frederick to come back. In pass protection he is like a rock in the middle of the line that gives Dak room to always step up. I feel like the middle of our line gets pushed back to often in pass protection right now. Looney has been solid but he is no Frederick.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You would think they could find a more efficient method than to have a guy fly from Dallas to Chicago to meet with a doctor about weed. It's a bit ridiculous.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cowboys One
I mean the guy missed like 2 seasons of football. He needs all the practice he can get. And yet we are flying him halfway across the country to talk to a doctor. Is there seriously no one the league can use in Dallas to do this?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not a big Stafford fan. The guy is streaky. He makes great throws some days and other he can't hit the broad side of a barn. But the guy did play exceptional against us and so did his receivers. Yet with all of that he still couldn't get the win. They are really bad at running the ball and honestly their defense blows. It has to be frustrating to have a QB play at that high of a level and still suck.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I mean the guy missed like 2 seasons of football. He needs all the practice he can get. And yet we are flying him halfway across the country to talk to a doctor. Is there seriously no one the league can use in Dallas to do this?
I guess Chicago is centrally located for all 32 teams? Plus, a doctor in each city/state might risk a "conflict of interest" or inconsistency in diagnosis.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess Chicago is centrally located for all 32 teams? Plus, a doctor in each city/state might risk a "conflict of interest" or inconsistency in diagnosis.
So does every player have to see the same doctor?

GShock

DCC 4Life
I'm not a big Stafford fan. The guy is streaky. He makes great throws some days and other he can't hit the broad side of a barn. But the guy did play exceptional against us and so did his receivers. Yet with all of that he still couldn't get the win. They are really bad at running the ball and honestly their defense blows. It has to be frustrating to have a QB play at that high of a level and still suck.
He is 6-46 against teams that finished with a winning record.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
You would think they could find a more efficient method than to have a guy fly from Dallas to Chicago to meet with a doctor about weed. It's a bit ridiculous.
Headquartered in New York City, the NFL expands across the nation and the globe with the offices including the NFL Media office based in Culver City, CA, the NFL Films office based in Mt. Laurel, NJ. The NFL also has satellite offices in Atlanta, Washington DC, and Chicago.
Evidently it's a satellite office so it is closer than the main office NYC. The one in Atlanta is marginally closer as the crow flies but you're not talking about that much of a difference really.

https://www.linkedin.com/company/national-football-league

p1_

DCC 4Life

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Troubled defensive linemen David Irving and Randy Gregory both missed practice on Thursday. Irving handled a family matter and Gregory met with the NFL medical director. The Cowboys expect both to play Sunday.
:lol

This lazy fucker is unbelievable. He never has family matters when he's suspended, only when he's on the job and expected to train. One daughter and one baby mama shouldn't cause this much fucking drama.

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom