2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems like we have been less consistent running the ball but with more big runs this year. I think Connor William's is an excellent second level blocker which has helped get the big plays.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Williams really is doing well in space, and getting better overall. Just has to bulk up and get stronger against those big guys inside.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I totally agree. We did against the Lions. I hope we don't forget that.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Thats kinda what doesn't make sense with all the guys saying Dak doesn't throw an accurate deep ball. Add in the dimes he dropped to Austin and Elliott and I say let him throw it down the field 6-7 times a game at a minimum.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thats kinda what doesn't make sense with all the guys saying Dak doesn't throw an accurate deep ball. Add in the dimes he dropped to Austin and Elliott and I say let him throw it down the field 6-7 times a game at a minimum.
Any time a team goes to a single high safety it should be a thought.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
We wanted McKinley over Charlton. Atlanta traded up to snag him. Ouch.

Ouch.

Cotton

Staff member
People can just stop with the whole Dak can't throw a deep ball thing. It's simply not true.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Cowboys C Joe Looney on his down-field block near goal line on Ezekiel Elliott's 38-yard TD on screen: "Everybody was just so surprised about how fast I was running & I told them, there was a little @krispykreme box down there that I saw & I had to go down there and get me one."

Cotton

Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
People can just stop with the whole Dak can't throw a deep ball thing. It's simply not true.
I think it's fair to say he struggles with intermediate routes.

Probably because those routes require a QB to throw with a lot more accuracy and anticipation due to there being more personnel that have to be accounted for when making those throws. Throwing in that 10-20 yard window requires QBs to have a higher understanding of where everyone's located, defenders included.

He struggles processing that information quickly and efficiently, IMO.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
I think it's fair to say he struggles with intermediate routes.

Probably because those routes require a QB to throw with a lot more accuracy and anticipation because there are more personnel that have to be accounted for when making those throws. Throwing in that 10-20 yard window requires QBs to have a higher understanding of where everyone's location, defenders included.

He struggles processing that information quickly and efficiently, IMO.
Now, this I would agree with.

Cotton

Staff member

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Cowboys C Joe Looney on his down-field block near goal line on Ezekiel Elliott's 38-yard TD on screen: "Everybody was just so surprised about how fast I was running & I told them, there was a little @krispykreme box down there that I saw & I had to go down there and get me one."
:lol

p1_

DCC 4Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom