Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Kellen Moore would be Romos position coach. What a load of crap. It aint happening anyways.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I pointed out history with Dak and you relied heavily on that to take your position on Dak. Yet only history is relevant with Romo?
I have no problem using Dak's history.

Injury problems don't get better with age though. Usually players abilities do. Unfortunately Dak has gone the exact opposite. He has regressed since arriving in Dallas. Which is a bad sign. And clearly points to coaching if you ask me. This is a silly discussion though. Romo doesn't want to come back. I'm sure his arm could still fling it. His body just couldn't take the hits associated with it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have no problem using Dak's history.

Injury problems don't get better with age though. Usually players abilities do. Unfortunately Dak has gone the exact opposite. He has regressed since arriving in Dallas. Which is a bad sign. And clearly points to coaching if you ask me. This is a silly discussion though. Romo doesn't want to come back. I'm sure his arm could still fling it. His body just couldn't take the hits associated with it.
Well then you have to admit that history was wrong about him. His rookie year he was on top of the world but history failed him his teo subsequent seasons. So you can’t rely on history.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I still say the idea that Garrett is hamstrung by Jerry is way wrong. Jerry is a problem, but he doesn't mismanage the clock, misevaluate how to use personnel (Byron Jones), or require the use of outdated schemes, among many other things.

Jerry's worst sin is insisting on a feckless, comfortable coach in the first place.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well then you have to admit that history was wrong about him. His rookie year he was on top of the world but history failed him his teo subsequent seasons. So you can’t rely on history.
With injuries? I sure can.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I still say the idea that Garrett is hamstrung by Jerry is way wrong. Jerry is a problem, but he doesn't mismanage the clock, misevaluate how to use personnel (Byron Jones), or require the use of outdated schemes, among many other things.

Jerry's worst sin is insisting on a feckless, comfortable coach in the first place.
The choice if Garrett is where the biggest fault with Jerry lies. Shit even Jerry didn't think he was ready to be a head coach. But the dumbass thought he could somehow groom him into being a great NFL head coach. It's ridiculous.

It's like taking a mediocre minor league pitcher (Like a single A team) and throwing him into the big leagues assuming you can just groom him to greatness.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
The choice if Garrett is where the biggest fault with Jerry lies. Shit even Jerry didn't think he was ready to be a head coach. But the dumbass thought he could somehow groom him into being a great NFL head coach. It's ridiculous.

It's like taking a mediocre minor league pitcher and throwing him into the big leagues assuming you can just groom him to greatness.
I doubt that Parcells could have groomed Garrett into a competent coach, let alone Jerry.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I doubt that Parcells could have groomed Garrett into a competent coach, let alone Jerry.
At least make him work his way up the ranks. Great QB coach moves up to offensive coordinator. Great offensive coordinator moves up to head coach. But we didn't even make him earn his way through the ranks like that.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
At least make him work his way up the ranks. Great QB coach moves up to offensive coordinator. Great offensive coordinator moves up to head coach. But we didn't even make him earn his way through the ranks like that.
Now I'm wondering if Jerry ever mentioned the prospect of Garrett coming onboard with Parcells...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He would make it about 5 minutes into the game before getting hurt. Shit might as well roll out Troy Aikman while we are at it.

Do you think he'd call up Witten and be like "We are getting the band back together!"
Comparing a 50 something Aikman returning to a late 30s Romo is beyond silly.

Romo could get hurt again, maybe likely even, but I'd still take the chance with a vastly, vastly superior QB on the off chance that maybe he doesn't (heck with the roughing the passer rules right now maybe the odds are better). Just like I would have in 2016.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Has this guy been, you know, watching the games?

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Between Dak and ST this team is becoming legendary

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom