2018 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm also so pumped that Ryan Switzer is scoring touchdowns and doing well for Pittsburgh, while we got absolutely nothing out of the guy we received for him.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Love that Smitty finally boarded the Fire Garrett train. :towel
Well, these results NOW make it very hard to say that there isn't just any old replacement level coach who'd be better.

The team is cratering on offense without really any serious injury asterisks. This is the team he brought in. Yes, the QB sucks like in 2015, but guess what, he was complicit in turning the team over to Prescott in 2016 instead of giving it back to Romo, so he made this bed. Yes, Frederick is out, but Looney is actually playing respectably, the OL isn't a complete shitshow like it was in 2012-13. Yes, the receivers are garbage.... I mean, I guess I can't really blame that on him, but I can blame him for continuing to trot Geoff Swaim out there on third down after third down like he's Jason Witten. You have to know your personnel, and you have to know that we can't simply continue to run the 12 personnel, TE heavy offense we've run in the past, because we don't have a competent starting caliber NFL TE; frankly, our TE's probably are barely "backup" quality. They are like third string guys at this point all around.... at least Hurns, Beasley, Austin, Gallup, Williams and Thompson give you 2/3 WR capabilities. We should be trying to overwhelm defenses with WR depth.

On top of that, they seem WAY more unprepared than in the past. I know people like to claim that was always the case, but I don't think it was, or at least not to this extent.

Something has to change. This is on him.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
If he didnt have Romo we would have had same results that we are getting and the same as we had in 2015.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If he didnt have Romo we would have had same results that we are getting and the same as we had in 2015.
Yes.

Romo dragged teams that probably should've been 5-6 win teams to 8 wins, and then Garrett lucked into two outstanding years when we had all-time type of OL's in 2014 and 2016. Of course even in those seasons Garrett's shit coaching shined through as the team came out and got swamped early in their first playoff games each year (both at home), as they were down 14-0 to Detroit in the 1st quarter and 21-3 against Green Bay by the 2nd.

Romo barely dragged them back to win against Detroit and Prescott nearly did the same if not for an all-time type of performance from Rodgers, but those two games were extremely similar.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't agree with that at all and it's not really borne out by the facts, but whatever.

We are where we are now.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The local media is applying the pressure as well. And Garrett is definitely feeling the heat. As tense and terrible as the mood and offense are, change is coming.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This will be garrett's 8th full season and it doesn't look like a playoff year.

That will make 2 playoff seasons out of 8. 6 seasons that failed to qualify for the playoffs. Out of 8.

That alone is fireable. We don't even have to get into the minutiae.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I can't believe some of you want to give up just as the dynasty is about to take off.

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life
This will be garrett's 8th full season and it doesn't look like a playoff year.

That will make 2 playoff seasons out of 8. 6 seasons that failed to qualify for the playoffs. Out of 8.

That alone is fireable. We don't even have to get into the minutiae.
Actually this is season 11 if we're talking about the entire time he's been on staff. It feels like much longer, though.

Genghis Khan

Actually this is season 11 if we're talking about the entire time he's been on staff. It feels like much longer, though.
True but I'm talking about the team performance and while it's fair to hold the HC accountable for the team's record it's not fair to hold the OC accountable since he doesn't have broad control or responsibility for the entire team.

Just like I'm not counting the 8 games in 2010 that Garrett was interim coach. He took over an impossible situation with regard to making the playoffs that season.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I so cant wait for that day. Even though I have my doubts that the Jones will be able to hire an acceptable replacement I will be on cloud 9. It wont even bother me for the time being. Its just been a long time coming. We Will also get rid of Linehan and that useless turd Kellen Moore.
Yup, after 24 years of evidence to the contrary, if anyone thinks that the Jones' can/will find someone to bring in who will be able to have success... dream on. Even Parcells couldn't right this Titanic of an organization.

The only thing I'm hoping for is that one of these years the law of averages will break in our favor.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I so cant wait for that day. Even though I have my doubts that the Jones will be able to hire an acceptable replacement I will be on cloud 9. It wont even bother me for the time being. Its just been a long time coming. We Will also get rid of Linehan and that useless turd Kellen Moore.
Jerry passing away after making the announcement would be a nice bonus, but we’ll take what we can get.

The next HC not being some retread or a hick college coach would be a minor miracle.

Genghis Khan

Yup, after 24 years of evidence to the contrary, if anyone thinks that the Jones' can/will find someone to bring in who will be able to have success... dream on. Even Parcells couldn't right this Titanic of an organization.

The only thing I'm hoping for is that one of these years the law of averages will break in our favor.
Parcells absolutely righted this organization.

Parcells took over a team that went 5-11 three straight years. Beginning in Parcells' final year, we made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years, had a number one seed once, and won a playoff game.

We had 15 wins total in the 3 years prior to Parcells. We had I think 33 wins total in the 3 years after Parcells left.

It's a shame he walked away after the 2006 season, because I think there's a real chance we'd have found ourselves in the super bowl in 2007 under Parcells.

We were in much better shape when he left than when he got here. He absolutely righted this organization.

Genghis Khan

The real problem is there isn't a Parcells out there.

We'll be trying to find the next McVay type. It's hard to have much confidence in these yahoos unearthing a guy.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

We'll be trying to find the next McVay type. It's hard to have much confidence in these yahoos unearthing a guy.
Norman is close enough that even they should notice.....

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Parcells absolutely righted this organization.

Parcells took over a team that went 5-11 three straight years. Beginning in Parcells' final year, we made the playoffs 3 out of 4 years, had a number one seed once, and won a playoff game.

We had 15 wins total in the 3 years prior to Parcells. We had I think 33 wins total in the 3 years after Parcells left.

It's a shame he walked away after the 2006 season, because I think there's a real chance we'd have found ourselves in the super bowl in 2007 under Parcells.

We were in much better shape when he left than when he got here. He absolutely righted this organization.
While this is mostly true I think the thing that would've held us back in 2007 with Parcells was that our defensive philosophy under him was very outdated. I remember constantly getting spread out by teams like the Saints/Lions in 2006 and getting abused because we stayed in base personnel.

I don't know if that was Parcells, Zimmer, or both, but if that didn't change I don't think we would've had as much success as we did in 2007. Wade Phillips, for all his inadequacies, definitely is a master at turning around defenses.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Just hire Eric Bienimy, he's only been the Chiefs "OC" starting this season but he's been on that staff since Reid got there, so something must've rubbed off.

If not him I'd take a look at Nathaniel Hackett in Jacksonville, their offense isn't consistently dominant but they have put together some really impressive performances given their personnel, plus the Jags are running the same defensive scheme as us so there could be synergy there with Richard and bringing over some of their defensive staffers.

DeFillipo is another guy I'm trying to keep an eye on, although I'd take a chance on almost anybody at this point because why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom