2018 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winstar

Brand New Member
If Vea, Roquan and Edmunds are gone I'd settle for Wynn at 19. The second round I'm looking for Evans, Jefferson or Jewell to fill that LB need. Third round I'm going Daurice Fountain. Fourth Armani Watts or Ronnie Harrison then Troy Fumagalli with the second fourth round pick. Fifth round looking at Garret Dooley and ?. That's were I stopped for now.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
If Vea, Roquan and Edmunds are gone I'd settle for Wynn at 19. The second round I'm looking for Evans, Jefferson or Jewell to fill that LB need. Third round I'm going Daurice Fountain. Fourth Armani Watts or Ronnie Harrison then Troy Fumagalli with the second fourth round pick. Fifth round looking at Garret Dooley and ?. That's were I stopped for now.
So no DT?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So no DT?
Yeah, I'm trying my best to get a DT in the 3-4 round range if I can't get Vea at 19. There is a ton of DT depth in this draft. I hope to take advantage of it.

Cotton

Staff member
Well, that's embarrassing. I need to rethink my picks. I'm convinced we need a DT1. I wish Ford well but I don't think he is the answer.
Senat in the 4th and I am a very happy camper.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Love Watts in the 4th, he's going to be a steal for someone

Cotton

Staff member
Vita Vea gif thread. Please, let him be there at 19. This man is a 3 down 1T, and is a damn beast. He is strong as hell and very athletic for his size. Just watch...

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Vita Vea gif thread. Please, let him be there at 19. This man is a 3 down 1T, and is a damn beast. He is strong as hell and very athletic for his size.
Well yeah, that’s why I’m willing to trade up and get him. We have extra picks.

He creates an imbalance you don’t see against most 4-3 fronts— you can build a defense around this guy for the better part of a decade.

Damn well worth a 3rd and maybe more.

Cotton

Staff member

He creates an imbalance you don’t see against most 4-3 fronts— you can build a defense around this guy for the better part of a decade.

I'm willing to move up for him, but just a few spots. I most likely don't jump up past 15 or so. Obviously, it depends on the cost, but I don't use more than a third to move up.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

He's not. He is an excellent NT but we can get a different excellent NT in this draft in the third and still get a great player in the first. So yeah hell no to trading up for Vea.

Last edited:

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Senat in the 4th and I am a very happy camper.
Yep! I'm with you on this one. Really thinking Marinelli talks Jerry out of taking Vea, even if he falls in our lap.
I see Senat as the real thing. If not, we could grab someone like Settle. There's some legit talent to be had at DT in this draft.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He's not. He is an excellent NT but we can get a different excellent NT in this draft in the third and still get a great player in the first. So yeah hell no to trading up for Vea.
You can get a player to build a defense around in the 3rd? I had no idea.

If only you’d been around sooner.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm willing to move up for him, but just a few spots. I most likely don't jump up past 15 or so. Obviously, it depends on the cost, but I don't use more than a third to move up.
Neither do I. I don’t think we’ll be able to get him though with only a 3rd as we might have to jump ahead of Washington.

It would cost some change, and that’s where the extra picks give us flexibility.

This is the piece that’s been missing from our D for decades. Dak and the offense have too much pressure carrying the whole team.

A guy like this changes everything on the other side of the ball. He demands a legit double team and also gets the penetration the LBs have been missing since god knows how long.

But if the cost is too high we can’t afford it. Recall though we traded a 3rd for Demarcus Lawrence, and Vea is a better prospect than Lawrence was.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can get a player to build a defense around in the 3rd? I had no idea.

If only you’d been around sooner.
No one builds a team around a NT. That's just being silly. Look at all the first round NTs that bounce around the league these days.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Casey Hampton and Haloti Ngata are two perfect examples. These huge guys that can penetrate the line don’t come around often. They are automatic mismatches on every play.

You can build around a Vea.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I can see Irving, Vea, Taco and Lawrence being so dominant we could be reminded of Doomsday. And it would make the young DBs sooooo much better.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Casey Hampton and Haloti Ngata are two perfect examples. These huge guys that can penetrate the line don’t come around often. They are automatic mismatches on every play.

You can build around a Vea.
The Ravens defense was never built around Ngata. He was a nice piece but it was never built around him. Same for Casey Hampton. It's why neither defense has panicked to replace either guy. It's why Ngata is bouncing around the league. Just like Poe and every other highly drafted NT in recent history.

Vea would be a great addition here but the defense wouldn't be built around him. Which is why it's not worth a third round pick to get him. Especially in a great DT class like this one.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I can’t remember the last time we had a NT of any note. Seriously it’s been that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom