Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2018 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

    Our picks:

    1st rd: 1
    2nd rd: 1
    3rd rd: 1
    4th rd: 3 (of which two are comp picks)
    5th rd: 2 (both comp picks)
    6th rd: 1
    7th rd: 1
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  • #2
    Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Our picks:

    1st rd: 1
    2nd rd: 1
    3rd rd: 1
    4th rd: 3 (of which two are comp picks)
    5th rd: 2 (both comp picks)
    6th rd: 1
    7th rd: 1
    That's actually some pretty good ammunition to get stuff done. Especially the 3 fourth round picks if we don't try and get too cute there. (We love the specialists in that area)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
      Our picks:

      1st rd: 1
      2nd rd: 1
      3rd rd: 1
      4th rd: 3 (of which two are comp picks)
      5th rd: 2 (both comp picks)
      6th rd: 1
      7th rd: 1
      How about we merge the draft chatter thread mod.... http://www.dallascowboyscentral.com/...Chatter-Thread
      2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
        That's actually some pretty good ammunition to get stuff done. Especially the 3 fourth round picks if we don't try and get too cute there. (We love the specialists in that area)
        Yeah, we need to use all 5 of the picks in the 4th and 5th to secure some better depth, especially along the OL and at WR. Our depth is horrific except on the DL. Matter of fact, I would go so far as to say our lack of depth at certain positions cost us the playoffs this year.
        Last edited by Iamtdg; 01-01-2018, 02:39 PM.
        2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post
          How about we merge the draft chatter thread mod.... http://www.dallascowboyscentral.com/...Chatter-Thread
          We always have a Cowboys draft thread, as well, n00b.
          2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
            We always have a Cowboys draft thread, as well, n00b.
            What team do you think would be discussed in the other draft chatter thread? Coulda sworn we only had one in the draft section last year
            2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
              Yeah, we need to use both all 5 of the picks in the 4th and 5th to secure some better depth, especially along the OL and at WR. Our depth is horrific except on the DL. Matter of fact, I would go so far as to say our lack of depth at certain positions cost us the playoffs this year.
              Shit it's a great spot for a RB even. Like a legit number 2 to Zeke.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post
                What team do you think would be discussed in the other draft chatter thread? Coulda sworn we only had one in the draft section last year
                There was only one in the draft forum. And, there was a Cowboys one in the Cowboys forum.

                http://www.dallascowboyscentral.com/...ighlight=draft
                2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                  There was only one in the draft forum. And, there was a Cowboys one in the Cowboys forum.

                  http://www.dallascowboyscentral.com/...ighlight=draft
                  Yea...well...you're gay
                  2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post
                    Yea...well...you're gay
                    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                      Shit it's a great spot for a RB even. Like a legit number 2 to Zeke.
                      I think Smith is a legit #2.

                      Too many other needs like OL Depth to be wasting picks on RBs that will hardly see the field.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BipolarFan View Post
                        I think Smith is a legit #2.

                        Too many other needs like OL Depth to be wasting picks on RBs that will hardly see the field.
                        I would like to see more than one draft pick on the Oline. Seems like we mostly ignore the position outside of our first rounders. Chaz Green is the only attempt that comes to mind lately. Doesn't need to be a high pick. Go and try to find the next Doug Free or something. Lots of good Olineman come from the middle of the draft.

                        I don't mind Smith but he is meh. I wouldn't want him leading the backfield if something happened to Zeke.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                          I would like to see more than one draft pick on the Oline. Seems like we mostly ignore the position outside of our first rounders. Chaz Green is the only attempt that comes to mind lately. Doesn't need to be a high pick. Go and try to find the next Doug Free or something. Lots of good Olineman come from the middle of the draft.

                          I don't mind Smith but he is meh. I wouldn't want him leading the backfield if something happened to Zeke.
                          We could always resign Morris. He was a good replacement. He's probably got another year in the tank. RBs are a dime a dozen anyway.

                          We probably will draft a couple OL but one probably needs to be within the first 3 picks. I still hope and pray we get one of the top WRs in the first three picks.

                          Of course, free agency may be where we plug some holes. There are some decent WRs in free agency. We might go that way but I doubt we get a real difference maker since teams tend to keep those.
                          I was on the draft LVE train. I was for trading for Amari before it happened.
                          'nuff said

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by lostxn View Post
                            We probably will draft a couple OL but one probably needs to be within the first 3 picks. I still hope and pray we get one of the top WRs in the first three picks.
                            Why? 4 of our starting O-lineman aren't going anywhere any time soon. Jonathan Cooper is expected to resign. His knee injury supposedly wasn't serious.

                            So with that in mind, I doubt we use a top 3 round pick on an O-lineman. We can't afford to move on from Tyron Smith until like 2020 at the earliest. Our best bet with him is to get him healthy. Unless you think we should try and draft his replacement now, I don't see us using a top 3 pick on a guy.

                            But the fourth round seems perfect. Same round we drafted Doug Free.

                            As far as WR is concerned if we cut Dez I probably sign someone and draft someone. We need speed and probably more then one guy with speed. Butler may be on his way out. Dez should be. And frankly I'm iffy on keeping Beasley around.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                              Why? 4 of our starting O-lineman aren't going anywhere any time soon. Jonathan Cooper is expected to resign. His knee injury supposedly wasn't serious.

                              So with that in mind, I doubt we use a top 3 round pick on an O-lineman. We can't afford to move on from Tyron Smith until like 2020 at the earliest. Our best bet with him is to get him healthy. Unless you think we should try and draft his replacement now, I don't see us using a top 3 pick on a guy.

                              But the fourth round seems perfect. Same round we drafted Doug Free.

                              As far as WR is concerned if we cut Dez I probably sign someone and draft someone. We need speed and probably more then one guy with speed. Butler may be on his way out. Dez should be. And frankly I'm iffy on keeping Beasley around.
                              I hadn't heard about Cooper's injury. I thought he was going to have an ACL. That guy hasn't been healthy his whole career though. I very much doubt either he or Tyron is going to play 16 games next year. If we want to keep the strength of our team as the strength, we need some high quality depth. That being said, I'll stretch it to top 4 rounds. Best offer.
                              I was on the draft LVE train. I was for trading for Amari before it happened.
                              'nuff said

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X