2018 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's better in coverage than either of those guys. Yeah they are better overall but I think this could be a really good 3 down player. I don't agree he's soft. He hits pretty hard. He just needs to get better at shedding blocks. He only started a year. I'm fine and pretty optimistic about LVE. Give him to Marinelli and he'll get the kid chewing glass in no time.
This is exactly right. Bobby Carpenter was soft. LVE isn't soft because he isn't afraid to hit or take on a block. It's the way he takes on the block that can make it a little hard for him to shed. But I think that all gets blown out of proportion. You don't have 140 tackles on the season if you can't shed a block. But truth is he could have been even better if he used his hands while taking on blocks. Instead he kinds of lowers his shoulder into the blocker which doesn't always go well.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
[MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION], I have your primer set and the button even renamed to Draft Primer. Helluva job, ya old fucker. :towel

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Apparently Jane Slater says Cowboys will look to trade up if Ridley or Derwin James is available, starting at around 14.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I don't want Ridley unless we're trading down and out of 19.

DEFENSE!!!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apparently Jane Slater says Cowboys will look to trade up if Ridley or Derwin James is available, starting at around 14.
I love Ridley but hell no to trading up for him. I mean I'm higher on Derwin James and I'm already against giving up a third to move up for him.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
And yet JJT says they'd trade up for Vea starting around 13.

Seems there's some misinformation going around.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

And at the press conference is sounded like Dallas wasn't willing to go any higher than a few picks up. Which would be like pick 15.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

Yeah, way too good to be true if they actually put together the foundation of a real honest to god punch you in the mouth defense. The kind we haven’t had since 1996, and maybe 1982.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I can stomach a trade up for Vea or James but not Ridley. He's hardly head and shoulders above Moore.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, way too good to be true if they actually put together the foundation of a real honest to god punch you in the mouth defense. The kind we haven’t had since 1996, and maybe 1982.
I'd love Vea but if you trade up for him you're hurting your ability to do much of anything at LBer and WR where we really need some legit young guys. You'd be down to only one more first day pick. Which means you're not addressing either WR or LBer until day 3. Which is sort of a scary thought. We could probably survive at WR but I think it would be hurting a year from now when we have shit coming up and guys contracts all expiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom