2018 Cowboys hirings/firings thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
[FONT=&]Sanjay Lal, who was the wide receivers coach with the Indianapolis Colts in 2017, is interviewing with the Cowboys, according to multiple sources. The Cowboys have also met with Miles Austin about the opening. Lal has also worked with Oakland, Buffalo and the New York Jets.
[FONT=&][FONT=&]
[/FONT][FONT=&]Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
No thank you. Jesus his resume isn't much better than that of Miles Austin. I guess he has at least been a coach longer.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Well when you consider what most of us believe he did with Wade then Im pretty sure its safe to say he doesnt want anybody that can take his job on the staff.
Some even thought that was his biggest problem with Callahan, who supposedly was a Jerry favorite.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Someone else raised this point, but why would any position coach with an eye to the future hitch his wagon to a head coach who could very easily crash and burn in another year?

Usually when the head coach goes it's part of a general housecleaning. Or a new head coach wants his own guys.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Someone else raised this point, but why would any position coach with an eye to the future hitch his wagon to a head coach who could very easily crash and burn in another year?

Usually when the head coach goes it's part of a general housecleaning. Or a new head coach wants his own guys.
Jerry Jones chuckles at this.

p1_

DCC 4Life
the Garrehan connection . Lord...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Per Mike Fisher, Dallas is interviewing former Bill Pete Metzelaars for their vacancy at TE coach.

Dig this, this guy is not even coaching in the NFL or college right now.

He is coaching at the high school level here in Charlotte at a Christian prep school. And not even a head coach there. OL.

We are really digging at the bottom of the barrel. It is very sad.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Per Mike Fisher, Dallas is interviewing former Bill Pete Metzelaars for their vacancy at TE coach.

He is coaching at the high school level here in Charlotte at a Christian prep school. And not even a head coach there. OL.

JFC :picard

Cujo

DCC 4Life

Wouldn't this indicate that we don't really believe we can get any qualified candidates because of the strong possibility this is Garrett's last year? No one worth a damn is going to hitch themselves to this wagon. Right? No way we're this fucking lazy.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Wouldn't this indicate that we don't really believe we can get any qualified candidates because of the strong possibility this is Garrett's last year? No one worth a damn is going to hitch themselves to this wagon. Right? No way we're this fucking lazy.
Maybe that and Garrett doesn’t relish the idea of someone who is more knowledgable might question his coaching strategy.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I thought that too. If 2018 is really Garrett's last hurrah, that means a HC change and the new HC will want to build his own staff. Not many want to jump *onto* a sinking ship. It's also probably universally known how much the Joneses meddle in operations.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

~Circus music~

p1_

DCC 4Life
think of this positive . this joke of a re-tooling will only serve to seal Gerretts fate. win, win!

Cujo

DCC 4Life
think of this positive . this joke of a re-tooling will only serve to seal Gerretts fate. win, win!

It's going to be a wasted season. Maybe we'll get a top ten pick for the new coach.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I forgot, have there been any grumblings by players out of the locker room or social media about Garrett? Even if there hasn't been anything put out publicly, there has to be some unhappy campers there. Outside of guys who are entering FA after 2018, I wonder if there are any guys that would tank to make sure he's fired.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Watch us still end up with Kellen fucking Moore while David Lee is available :budd

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Watch us still end up with Kellen fucking Moore while David Lee is available :budd
Now he really would be the perfect choice. Not only for Dak but also for Cooper Rush who also showed a ton of potential.

And shit, keep Moore as an assistant to him if you want. Let Moore learn how to become a great coach before you thrust him into one of the most important assistant coach positions.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I forgot, have there been any grumblings by players out of the locker room or social media about Garrett? Even if there hasn't been anything put out publicly, there has to be some unhappy campers there. Outside of guys who are entering FA after 2018, I wonder if there are any guys that would tank to make sure he's fired.
The only grumblings that I have seen are about the game plan. Noting that its too simplistic but nothing along the lines that they want Garrett gone.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The only grumblings that I have seen are about the game plan. Noting that its too simplistic but nothing along the lines that they want Garrett gone.
Yeah the only grumbling by the players I have heard is that the offense is predictable and that the other teams defenders know what they are doing basically on every play before they do it. Basically they don't like the play calling on offense.

Top Bottom