2018 Cowboys hirings/firings thread...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Dak's word on this should be totally meaningless.

As others have pointed out, he is a company man so everything he says is positive. But more importantly, as [MENTION=41]Genghis Khan[/MENTION] said, we have an inexperienced QB who needs A LOT of help. And an inexperienced QB who has zero experience in coaching is the worst possible move we could make.

That's exactly why we're like to make the move. This organization has perfected the art of stupid.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Dak's word on this should be totally meaningless.

As others have pointed out, he is a company man so everything he says is positive. But more importantly, as [MENTION=41]Genghis Khan[/MENTION] said, we have an inexperienced QB who needs A LOT of help. And an inexperienced QB who has zero experience in coaching is the worst possible move we could make.

That's exactly why we're like to make the move. This organization has perfected the art of stupid.
I posted that tweet because he said it isn't a done deal yet. Here's to hoping it never happens.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd bring Moore in as an assistant QB coach or something along those lines. Get Moore's feet wet as a coach and then promote him down the road. In the mean time go get a really good experienced guy as the QB coach who can also kind of help show Moore the wings.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'd bring Moore in as an assistant QB coach or something along those lines. Get Moore's feet wet as a coach and then promote him down the road. In the mean time go get a really good experienced guy as the QB coach who can also kind of help show Moore the wings.
I wouldn't even do that. This is the N. F. fucking L. I know this is a foreign concept to the jackasses in Dallas but whatever happened to earning your position.

You should have to earn your way into NFL coaching positions, not be handed them as if this is pee wee football.

If we were talking about a long tenured vet like Tony Romo I wouldn't have an issue with bringing him in and letting him mentor the youngsters. Romo was a 14 year vet and has pretty much seen it all and done it all. In my eyes he'd have earned the benefit of the doubt in skipping the line. But not Kellen fucking Moore.

The only organization that should even consider handing Kellen Moore a coaching job is Boise State.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It’s a pretty nice set up in Dallas. Top notch facilities. Owner who likes to party. Literally zero fear of losing your job.

I can’t blame McClay.
You make a solid point.

Houston would hold his feet to the fire. Three or four bad seasons and his ass would be gone.

Whereas it's pretty much a Shangri La/hakuna matata atmosphere in Dallas.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Moore should go get a fucking head coaching job at a middle school and work his way up.

To hand him the QB coaching job of the Dallas fucking Cowboys is ludicre.

vince

Not So New Member
You make a solid point.

Houston would hold his feet to the fire. Three or four bad seasons and his ass would be gone.

Whereas it's pretty much a Shangri La/hakuna matata atmosphere in Dallas.
Also I heard he's making GM money here.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't even do that. This is the N. F. fucking L. I know this is a foreign concept to the jackasses in Dallas but whatever happened to earning your position.

You should have to earn your way into NFL coaching positions, not be handed them as if this is pee wee football.
I think that's taking it too far. I don't really give a shit if the guy paid his dues or not. If he is a truly great football mind I'm not letting him walk out the door because he hasn't put enough time in for people's liking. We all know he is a very physically limited guy but if he knows the shit out of football who cares how long he has been coaching for? Sean McVay is what 31 years old? He was barely out of college when the Redskins hired him as an assistant TE's coach (See what I'm saying with an assistant QB coach role?)

My guess is that he has earned this type of opportunity by what he has done in the QB's room over his career. But just to be clear I'm not talking about the opportunity to be a QB coach. Not yet anyway.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

Whatever.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I really hope they don't go the lazy way and hire Marc Colombo.

This is a quality OL that needs to be taken to the next level, we don't need some green position coach fucking it up.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

I really hope they don't go the lazy way and hire Marc Colombo.

This is a quality OL that needs to be taken to the next level, we don't need some green position coach fucking it up.
Perhaps, but have you considered the positive impact that Kellen Moore will have on the entire offense?

Have you thought of that?

Have you?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Hmmmm.

Top Bottom