2018 Cowboys hirings/firings thread...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It's too bad we can't pull a University of Tennessee and bitch about the new coach so hard that he gets fired before he ever started.

In all seriousness I have no idea if Kellen Moore is going to be a good NFL coach. I know his entire career he sort of had the rep as a guy who has a great football mind and will make a great coach someday but has none of the physical tools to be an NFL QB. I also really like Chris Petersen who he obviously played for at a very high level.

With that being said Jerry has earned zero benefit of the doubt. So when we lazily promote from within it just feels like another total fail. Wade Wilson sucked dick, so I'm not really worried about Moore being worse than him. I just worry that Moore is going to be more Linehan. It would have been nice to hire someone that could incorporate concepts from what the Patriots do, or the Rams do or the 49ers (Shanahan) do. But we totally miss out on that opportunity by simply hiring the guy from within who has always been under Linehan.

Now if Austin becomes our WR's coach or Gurode our O-line coach I'm going to flip shit.
I'm sure Moore has a future in coaching.

But the timing is awful.

We need better than a wet behind the ears coach for our wet behind the ears QB.

If we want to hire Moore onto the coaching staff, fine. Make him an intern or assistant to the assistant or whatever. Let him work his way up.

But one of the consistent major problems with the organization under Jerry is he doesn't make people earn anything. And here we go again.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I'm sure Moore has a future in coaching.

But the timing is awful.

We need better than a wet behind the ears coach for our wet behind the ears QB.

If we want to hire Moore onto the coaching staff, fine. Make him an intern or assistant to the assistant or whatever. Let him work his way up.

But one of the consistent major problems with the organization under Jerry is he doesn't make people earn anything. And here we go again.
What do you think Dak, his new pupil, thinks of this great news? Im sure he's elated. :jerk

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
What do you think Dak, his new pupil, thinks of this great news? Im sure he's elated. :jerk
He probably likes Moore and likes the move.

But he's probably also overconfident and doesn't understand how important it is to have someone with experience guiding him.

Dak probably thinks he will succeed no matter what so he is happy to have a QB coach he likes and can work with. Personally, I don't think it's a sure thing at this point that Dak succeeds and this off-season and the following 2018 season is critical for him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He probably likes Moore and likes the move.

But he's probably also overconfident and doesn't understand how important it is to have someone with experience guiding him.

Dak probably thinks he will succeed no matter what so he is happy to have a QB coach he likes and can work with. Personally, I don't think it's a sure thing at this point that Dak succeeds and this off-season and the following 2018 season is critical for him.
Dak is a company man like Witten. You will never hear him be anything but super positive about the Cowboys moves.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Our long national nightmare is over.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:towel

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah I'm thrilled. At least we can keep the good ones when we find them.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

At least there's that.

I don't know what the hell he's thinking but I'm willing to bet that a big reason for him staying is the large chunk of money Jerry Jones promised him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
At least there's that.

I don't know what the hell he's thinking but I'm willing to bet that a big reason for him staying is the large chunk of money Jerry Jones promised him.
Could just be unlimited rides on Jerry's bang bus?

p1_

DCC 4Life
At least there's that.

I was gonna say, that was fast! I wonder if it was merely dollars that kept him here.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I was gonna say, that was fast! I wonder if it was merely dollars that kept him here.
Can't be anything else.

We know they didn't promise him the GM job because Jerry Jones would never give that up.

We know they didn't promise him the power to pick their next coach either.

So the only thing they could have done is made him a financial offer that was just way too good to pass up.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm guessing money and job security. It takes a total shit show to get fired in Dallas. Why take a job that is essentially the same with less job security just so you can call yourself GM.

midswat

... soon
It’s a pretty nice set up in Dallas. Top notch facilities. Owner who likes to party. Literally zero fear of losing your job.

I can’t blame McClay.

GShock

DCC 4Life
This is actually setting up quite well.

McClay remains, so we have a decent shot at good draft.

We’re backfilling the departing coaches with incompetent, and inexpensive short-term contract shlubs. This will lead to a shit season, and no big contracts that Jerry will have to eat.

Garrett is on the clock.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom