2018 Cowboys hirings/firings thread...

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Coaching has nothing to do with playing ability. I'd prefer the intelligent QB over the good one for QB coach any day. My only concern is that he only knows one offense. I wanted someone with new and fresh ideas.
True. A lot of great coaches have had little or no connection to playing at a high level. Belichick played at Wesleyan, one of the "little" ivies.

But Moore will only make the offensive philosophy, such as it is, more incestuous and inbred. There's a reason Mother Nature discourages inbreeding. Garrett, Linehan and Moore will be like the some of the characters in "Deliverance."

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah. Shit happens. It was their game to win or lose but the coach got brain freeze and didn’t let the players play. Too conservative but as I said.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah, it's a fucking disappointment. I just wonder if anyone who was worth a shit was interested with JGs impending lame duck status?
that cant be a positive. Who would want to work for a guy who might be fired next year?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
True. A lot of great coaches have had little or no connection to playing at a high level. Belichick played at Wesleyan, one of the "little" ivies.

But Moore will only make the offensive philosophy, such as it is, more incestuous and inbred. There's a reason Mother Nature discourages inbreeding. Garrett, Linehan and Moore will be like the some of the characters in "Deliverance."
Hopefully he remembers some of the things he learned from his great college coach.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The problem with Moore isn't that he wasn't a good QB, it's that he has zero coaching experience and very little playing experience.

If he was coming in and coaching a veteran it wouldn't matter.

But instead, we have a starting QB who is struggling and desperately needs guidance and coaching.

We had an opportunity to bring in a real QB guru. A David Lee type. Someone who could make a difference for our starting QB who currently is at a crossroads.

Instead we hired some chud who is going to be learning on the job.

We are insanely stupid.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Kellen Moore??? :lol

This organization is lazy as hell. They're not even interested in trying to get better. Instead of bringing in a fresh set of eyes from the outside to look at the problem set these jackasses are like "nah, we're going to continue down the same path but with Kellen Moore leading the way".

I certainly understand still watching the games and hoping for the best, because that's where I'm at, but I just don't understand why anyone is still willingly giving these hillbilly con men their hard earned money.

Clearly winning isn't the #1 priority in Dallas.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The problem with Moore isn't that he wasn't a good QB, it's that he has zero coaching experience and very little playing experience.

If he was coming in and coaching a veteran it wouldn't matter.

But instead, we have a starting QB who is struggling and desperately needs guidance and coaching.

We had an opportunity to bring in a real QB guru. A David Lee type. Someone who could make a difference for our starting QB who currently is at a crossroads.

Instead we hired some chud who is going to be learning on the job.

We are insanely stupid.
We get onto Jason Garrett all the time for refusing to do what is the obvious right answer. Now I see where he gets it from. It starts from the top in Dallas.

You have two young QBs on the roster. Common sense says get an experienced position coach in here to coach the two young guys up. But these idiots refuse to conform to the basic fucking principles of building a winning team.

I'm not even mad. I'm just going to sit back and laugh at the ineptitude.

This was the second step towards another 8-8 or worse season. The first step was the decision to bring Garrett back.

data

Forbes #1
Maybe it means Garrett will be more hands-on with QB development.

not saying if this is good or bad...just saying.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Jesus Christ.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Maybe it means Garrett will be more hands-on with QB development.

not saying if this is good or bad...just saying.
Anything that asks for more input from that moron is definitely bad.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's too bad we can't pull a University of Tennessee and bitch about the new coach so hard that he gets fired before he ever started.

In all seriousness I have no idea if Kellen Moore is going to be a good NFL coach. I know his entire career he sort of had the rep as a guy who has a great football mind and will make a great coach someday but has none of the physical tools to be an NFL QB. I also really like Chris Petersen who he obviously played for at a very high level.

With that being said Jerry has earned zero benefit of the doubt. So when we lazily promote from within it just feels like another total fail. Wade Wilson sucked dick, so I'm not really worried about Moore being worse than him. I just worry that Moore is going to be more Linehan. It would have been nice to hire someone that could incorporate concepts from what the Patriots do, or the Rams do or the 49ers (Shanahan) do. But we totally miss out on that opportunity by simply hiring the guy from within who has always been under Linehan.

Now if Austin becomes our WR's coach or Gurode our O-line coach I'm going to flip shit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Wentz gets Frank Reich while Dak is saddled with a guy with a bad overbite.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
"Sir. I noticed you have zero experience working at any law firm of any kind. You don't appear to have studied law in any capacity either from what I can gather. Why would you apply to our firm, and given these facts, what would make you think you'd be qualified to fill the position of Director of Litigation?"....

"Well, I've always been a great lawyer in my own mind"

"Why didn't you say so sooner?! You're hired!"

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Even for the Cowboys, this is unbelievably stupid.

Well, there goes the little hope I had that they might at least hire some good assistants and turn things over to them.

If will Will McClay ends up leaving, this team is gonna find itself back in the Dave Campo era before you know it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's too bad we can't pull a University of Tennessee and bitch about the new coach so hard that he gets fired before he ever started.

In all seriousness I have no idea if Kellen Moore is going to be a good NFL coach. I know his entire career he sort of had the rep as a guy who has a great football mind and will make a great coach someday but has none of the physical tools to be an NFL QB. I also really like Chris Petersen who he obviously played for at a very high level.

With that being said Jerry has earned zero benefit of the doubt. So when we lazily promote from within it just feels like another total fail. Wade Wilson sucked dick, so I'm not really worried about Moore being worse than him. I just worry that Moore is going to be more Linehan. It would have been nice to hire someone that could incorporate concepts from what the Patriots do, or the Rams do or the 49ers (Shanahan) do. But we totally miss out on that opportunity by simply hiring the guy from within who has always been under Linehan.

Now if Austin becomes our WR's coach or Gurode our O-line coach I'm going to flip shit.
Moore has been around the game his entire life. His dad was a coach and he fits the Josh Hiepel mold in that regard. I think it would be an obvious thing for the college level position but I really don’t know if that would fill a pro position. On the other hand mechanics are mechanics so that part should be okay. What is left is his ability to convey the reads of defensive alignments as well as reads on his receiving corp. He probably would be miles ahead of the current Cowboys QB as to the mental part of the game.

Top Bottom