2018 Cowboys hirings/firings thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Borderline retarded former players as coaches, seems lazy and retarded to me.

Of all the intelligent people in this world with football knowledge, the best that can be done is Gurode? That's just silly.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Borderline retarded former players as coaches, seems lazy and retarded to me.

Of all the intelligent people in this world with football knowledge, the best that can be done is Gurode? That's just silly.
I think this organization is retarded, but I don't think they would do that. Austin and Gurode could be in line to become assistants, but not fully fledged position coaches. Right? I mean, right?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So basically we are here:

Wade Wilson out - 100 bucks says Kellen Moore in
Gary Brown - out
Derek Dooley - supposedly on the outs
Frank Pollack - supposedly on the outs

Matt Eberflus - out; going to New England or following Josh McDaniels to the Giants if he moves
Joe Baker - out

They better get this shit right or it could be a disaster.

It is almost unheard of to clean house of the majority of an assistant coach staff and retain the head coach and both coordinators.
If we bring in an inexperienced QB coach (with marginal playing experience on top of it) to coach our inexperienced QB, I'm going to flip the hell out.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
FuckthatFuckthatFuckthatFuckthatFuckthat

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If we bring in an inexperienced QB coach (with marginal playing experience on top of it) to coach our inexperienced QB, I'm going to flip the hell out.
Yeah I'm not sure who I want for a QB coach yet but I want someone who is really bright and can help run the offense as well. We need a really smart and innovative guy there.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah I'm not sure who I want for a QB coach yet but I want someone who is really bright and can help run the offense as well. We need a really smart and innovative guy there.
Kellen Moore is your guy.

junk

Not So New Member
I think this organization is retarded, but I don't think they would do that. Austin and Gurode could be in line to become assistants, but not fully fledged position coaches. Right? I mean, right?
I thought they were working more in scouting than coaching anyway?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If Pollack is definitely out, then the Cowboys better get it right with who they get.

Here are some guys that will probably be in the mix, if not already booking a flight to Dallas.

Mike Tice - Gave Linehan his first shot in the NFL back in Minnesota. Odds on favorite, IMO. If not already a done deal.

Paul Alexander - Let go by the Bengals. Good zone blocking scheme coach.

Mike Solari (Giants), Jeremiah Washburn (Bears), Ron Prince (Colts) and Jeff Davidson (Broncos) are some others, but chances are strong the Cowboys go with someone they know. That is pretty much how it works in the NFL and especially in Dallas.

GShock

DCC 4Life
And we thought the scouting department was lazy.

That would be historically bad.

GShock

DCC 4Life
If Pollack is definitely out, then the Cowboys better get it right with who they get.

Here are some guys that will probably be in the mix, if not already booking a flight to Dallas.

Mike Tice - Gave Linehan his first shot in the NFL back in Minnesota. Odds on favorite, IMO. If not already a done deal.

Paul Alexander - Let go by the Bengals. Good zone blocking scheme coach.

Mike Solari (Giants), Jeremiah Washburn (Bears), Ron Prince (Colts) and Jeff Davidson (Broncos) are some others, but chances are strong the Cowboys go with someone they know. That is pretty much how it works in the NFL and especially in Dallas.
That last group, when judged by their recent resumes, hoo boy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And we thought the scouting department was lazy.

That would be historically bad.
It sure would. But I keep telling myself, nah, there is, no. No. No way. Uhhh...right?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That last group, when judged by their recent resumes, hoo boy.
Solari has been okay when given pieces to work with. The other three are flops. I would love Alexander but he has zero ties with Garrett or Linehan.

Mike Tice is a Linehan guy. The Joneses both seem to like him, I think he was considered a possible OC candidate here at one time.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Seems like the rats are jumping ship with Bisaccia and Eberflus leaving for other jobs. With seemingly 75% of the staff turning over there better be no excuses left if they miss the playoffs next year, it'd be time to clean house, obviously.
I hadn't heard about Eberflus, was hoping he'd stick around.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Puddy would be awesome.
Only because the rest of the field is not very good.

He is another one of those lifer coaches who everyone thinks is a "guru" (ala Marinelli) that gosh darn it always has a problem everywhere he goes.

Top Bottom