Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Cowboys hirings/firings thread...

I started a thread with the faint hope that there is an actual shake up, both with coaches and some players. Not holding out a ton of hope, but maybe a thread will help.

2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

I expected to see a tumbleweed gif

Comment

Originally posted by bbgun View Post
      I expected to see a tumbleweed gif
      That will most likely come within the next day or two when our FO does jack nor shit to better this team.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
        That will most likely come within the next day or two when our FO does jack nor shit to better this team.
        You expect Jerry to make changes to a coaching staff that had a winning record and stuff?
        2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post
          You expect Jerry to make changes to a coaching staff that had a winning record and stuff?
          It's the only hope I have to hang onto.

Comment

Marinelli is safe. The defense was the strength of our team in the second half of the season. He pitched a shutout in his last game. Yes it was against reserves but a shutout is rare in the NFL none-the-less. I really don't think he should be fired anyway. He's finally got his type of guys in there and we're finally seeing good results. Add a decent DT, safety and some LB depth, and I think we could really have something.

Linehan needs to go but, honestly, most of the problem is probably Garrett's shitty "Romo-friendly" offense. He probably won't be fired though. We'll see.
            I was on the draft LVE train. I was for trading for Amari before it happened.
            'nuff said

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                I love Witten as a person and player but he limits our offense in so many ways. We really need to stop relying on him so heavily. And no, he isn't a weapon that you should be splitting out wide like a WR.

Comment

If Garrett is actually fired (I know, unlikely) my guess is this lazy organization would immediately start combing through the scrap heap of failed retreads like Caldwell, Fox, and Del Rio.

My preference would be for them to target a young up and coming coordinator. But that ain't happening so I'll stop daydreaming.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
                    If Garrett is actually fired (I know, unlikely) my guess is this lazy organization would immediately start combing through the scrap heap of failed retreads like Caldwell, Fox, and Del Rio.

My preference would be for them to target a young up and coming coordinator. But that ain't happening so I'll stop daydreaming.

You'll get norv Turner and like it!

Comment

Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
                      You'll get norv Turner and like it!
                      I know.

We'll probably drag Bruce Coslet out of retirement as well to help run the offense.

Comment

I know.

We'll probably drag Bruce Coslet out of retirement as well to help run the offense.
                        Yeah how dare anyone try to bring in new or fresh ideas. If we want those Garrett will just watch tape of the Patriots and try to copy them. The NFL hasn't changed or anything from the early 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                          Yeah how dare anyone try to bring in new or fresh ideas. If we want those Garrett will just watch tape of the Patriots and try to copy them and blame player execution when it doesn't work. The NFL hasn't changed or anything from the early 90s.
                          FIFY

Comment

McDaniels would be great, but we would get a guy who the game has passed him by a long time ago like Jeff Fisher.

Comment

Originally posted by BipolarFan View Post
                              McDaniels would be great, but we would get a guy who the game has passed him by a long time ago like Jeff Fisher.
                              SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

Comment

Working...
                              X