Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It would be awesome if Columbo had as much coaching skill as attitude.

Comment

• Garrett had no tree coming in...As a result, he's now developing a tree of saplings through his ex-players. YAY!

It's like a Home Ec project.

Comment

• Does Jerry have a year-end performance review with Garrett -- like most companies do?

Jerry: Nine and eight. I was looking forward to better than that after last year.

RHG: Well, there was the Elliott suspension thing. Quite a distraction. Plus Irving missing games. Sean Lee was hurt. I'm not a miracle worker.

Jerry: Hmmm ... you lost a bunch of games when you had the lead at halftime. Whose fault is that?

RHG: Between you and me, that's on Marinelli and his guys. It's time to get rid of people like Eberflus.

Jerry: Aren't those guys also your guys? You're the head coach.

RHG: I can't coach linebackers and be a head coach at the same time.

Jerry: Why not give Zeke the ball at the three near the end of the Seattle game?

RHG: That's what I asked Scott afterward. Turns out Beasley was wide open and Dak just didn't see him. And I can't trust Pollack to coach those guys right.

Jerry: Speaking of which, why did Dak regress this year?

RHG: One word: Wilson. Enough said.

Jerry: And how come Dez and Beasely didn't do squat?

RHG: Dooley just didn't get it done. Time for some fresh blood there too.

Jerry: What about you Jason? You're 67 – 53, two playoff appearances, both losses. Why should I keep you around?

RHG: Eighteen million reasons: three more years at $6 million per. Plus who else you think would take this job?

Jerry: Good point. Wow, look at the time. Wanna do lunch?

RHG: You buying?

Jerry: I'm paying you $6 million a year and you can't buy for once?

RHG: I just keep focusing on how I can get better every day.

Comment

• Originally posted by boozeman View Post
          So basically we are here:

Wade Wilson out - 100 bucks says Kellen Moore in
          Gary Brown - out
          Derek Dooley - supposedly on the outs
          Frank Pollack - supposedly on the outs

Matt Eberflus - out; going to New England or following Josh McDaniels to the Giants if he moves
          Joe Baker - out

They better get this shit right or it could be a disaster.

It is almost unheard of to clean house of the majority of an assistant coach staff and retain the head coach and both coordinators.
          Why the Fu*k is Gary Brown gone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Texas Ace View Post
            I was just asked that about week or two ago on by [MENTION=65]vince[/MENTION].

If the Cowboys were to fire Garrett next year and attempt to finally do things the right way, I'd be back for sure.

But let's say this goes on for another 3 or 4 years? I don't think I'll care all that much. I might have a little interest in the team, but probably in a way that someone does when they have an old hobby that they aren't active with anymore.

As I said to him, its human nature to lose most of if not all of your interest in something the more time you become completely withdrawn from it. And I genuinely plan on becoming completely withdrawn from the Cowboys day-to-day business so long as this bullshit goes on.

It's bad enough that Garrett is coming back, but if you believe Jerry, so will Linehan and Marinelli. That is basically spitting in the face of the fans and I don't know why anyone would continue to stand for that.

I'm not.....not anymore, at least.
            Dude, it's not like Jerry Jones is in his 50s. He WILL die soon. I know that doesn't guarantee a huge change but there will be a change nonetheless.

Comment

• Originally posted by vince View Post
              Dude, it's not like Jerry Jones is in his 50s. He WILL die soon. I know that doesn't guarantee a huge change but there will be a change nonetheless.
              See, I'm not convinced it'll be a whole lot different.

Yes, Stephen has more sense about him and he doesn't crave the spotlight like his father. But do not underestimate the influence his father has had on him and more importantly, the influence his father's way of doing things has had on him.

Remember, he has been his father's right hand man going on 20-plus years. In all that time, how many times has Stephen tried to talk some sense into his dad about maybe going outside of the organization for a GM or bringing in a HC worth a damn?

He may do it in a different way, but I'd be willing to bet that Stephen also enjoys the benefits of running the football aspects of the team much like his father did and does, so I think it's naive to assume that once Jerry is completely out of the picture that Stephen is going to go the way of Robert Kraft.

There's a very good possibility that Stephen will be far less annoying than Jerry, but that doesn't mean he's going to run the family business all that much different than his father did.
              2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

Comment

• I wonder if we will be able to get good people when they know Garrett is out on his ass with another bad season.
                I was on the draft LVE train. I was for trading for Amari before it happened.
                'nuff said

Comment

• Originally posted by vince View Post
                  Jerry's mother died in her 90s, and he's in his 70s right now. He could live another 20 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
                    Jerry's mother died in her 90s, and he's in his 70s right now. He could live another 20 years.
                    DFDC POTD
                    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by lostxn View Post
                      I wonder if we will be able to get good people when they know Garrett is out on his ass with another bad season.
                      Wouldnt it be sweet irony if Garrett's successor were someone we hire in this go round? He picks his staff, and watches one of them take his job, ala Fat Wade back in .... '07?
                      defense wins championships

Comment

• Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post

LONG LIVE THE KING!!

Comment

• Originally posted by p1_ View Post
                          Wouldnt it be sweet irony if Garrett's successor were someone we hire in this go round? He picks his staff, and watches one of them take his job, ala Fat Wade back in .... '07?
                          Wasn't Garrett hired before Fat Wade though?
                          For some reason I can't say that phrase out loud, its one of the reasons I will never be the actor Robert Downey Jr is. I always say Tastey Peabag instead of Pastey Teabag, and thats a really big difference on just a two letter swing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newt View Post
                            Wasn't Garrett hired before Fat Wade though?
                            Yes, but Garrett sandbagged Wade when he got tired of waiting for Jerry to fire him
                            2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Comment

• Garrett was the coach in waiting. Perhaps the next one is on the staff already. Judas?
                              defense wins championships

Comment

• Originally posted by p1_ View Post
                                Garrett was the coach in waiting. Perhaps the next one is on the staff already. Judas?
                                Or in the owners box.

They are waiting on Jerry's grandson.
                                #Fire Garrett

Comment

Working...
                                X