X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Sad because he isn't even a name to get excited about.
    Even worse.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Sad because he isn't even a name to get excited about.
      It just goes to show you the idea around the league is that Garrett is a lame duck and that Jones has every intention of riding this one out until the bitter end.

He made it pretty clear that he is about change, but won't hold the head coach and coordinators responsible.

What coach in their right mind that isn't desperate going to take a one year contract job unless they are looking to retire and just want a check?

I am still a little shocked they were able to get Richard honestly.

Comment

• Originally posted by boozeman View Post

Jerry does like to have his next coach in hand before firing the current one. He would see himself as a genius by taking someone like that and making that kind of a move.

Comment

It just goes to show you the idea around the league is that Garrett is a lame duck and that Jones has every intention of riding this one out until the bitter end.

He made it pretty clear that he is about change, but won't hold the head coach and coordinators responsible.

What coach in their right mind that isn't desperate going to take a one year contract job unless they are looking to retire and just want a check?

Its so stupid, and yet Jerry doesn't see the corner he's painted himself, and more importantly, Garrett into. Richard probably
          took the gig thinking Marinelli is not going to be here much longer, thus making him (Richard) the inside candidate to take that spot. Plus, its clearly the passing game that's broken.
          defense wins championships

Comment

• Originally posted by shoop View Post
            Jerry does like to have his next coach in hand before firing the current one. He would see himself as a genius by taking someone like that and making that kind of a move.
            If his design is to have Kris Richard as a head coach in waiting, heaven fucking help us.

Comment

If his design is to have Kris Richard as a head coach in waiting, heaven fucking help us.
              I think he is our defensive coordinator in waiting. Marinelli is probably retiring after this year.

Comment

I think he is our defensive coordinator in waiting. Marinelli is probably retiring after this year.
                But, what's dumb about that is we shouldn't be hiring future coordinators when the HC position is in question. Just play out the HC's tenure, hire a new HC, and let that guy hire his coordinators. We are so used to it being done backwards it's silly.
                2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

So the next guy has to inherit him?

Comment

So the next guy has to inherit him?
                    Well I don't think firing Garrett is in the plans. But that's because Jerry is too optimistic to think we don't have a good season next year.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• 2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                            Another Linehan boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                              Believe he was something of a flop as an OC but maybe position coach suits him better. Wait and see I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLK150 View Post
                                Believe he was something of a flop as an OC but maybe position coach suits him better. Wait and see I guess.
                                He had some success in college. He just most recently flopped at Florida. It's a TE's coach so my expectations aren't super high. I don't think it's a particularly hard position to coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X