2018 Cowboys hirings/firings thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Who cares? He's off the roster, isn't he? How do we know he's not a good QB coach?
Family picture. Lazy recruitment. No resume. Go with what we know. Young QB obviously in need of grooming. Big Ben. Parliament.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Yeah, I am not as jazzed as a lot of people.

Nice recovery for losing Eberflus, but people are acting like this is some major coup. Seattle didn't want him, Indy chose Eberflus over him. Yet, he is future Garrett replacement now?
Eberflus wasn't going to run anything but a outdated version of Marinellis Tampa 2 so I definitely didn't want that. At least with Richards you have a shot of a more dynamic D and scheme if Marinelli gets out of the way.

Personally, Moore as a QB was a joke, but his college coach always raved about his ability to read defenses and his cerebral approach to the game- which I would hope would be more along what we had with Romo on the sidelines vs Wade Wilson who never seemed to bring anything to Dak this past season.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Eberflus wasn't going to run anything but a outdated version of Marinellis Tampa 2 so I definitely didn't want that. At least with Richards you have a shot of a more dynamic D and scheme if Marinelli gets out of the way.
Eberflus came in because of Ryan as a 3-4 defensive coordinator. Do you think Eberflus is really a pure 4-3 cover two guy? Hell I'm not entirely sure what defense he is going to run with the Colts.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Eberflus came in because of Ryan as a 3-4 defensive coordinator. Do you think Eberflus is really a pure 4-3 cover two guy? Hell I'm not entirely sure what defense he is going to run with the Colts.
He ran the 4-3 and traits of the Tampa 2 at Mizzou.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

"Closing in"?

Goof Son said the same thing about Kellen Moore, who nobody else fucking wants.

What the fuck?

Was Keith O'Quinn in high demand?

The Senior Bowl has just started. There are literally a half dozen experienced ST coaches who are without a job that will be milling around Mobile.

This is announced the day before that event.

Laziest. Front. Office. Ever.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Family picture. Lazy recruitment. No resume. Go with what we know. Young QB obviously in need of grooming. Big Ben. Parliament.
So here is a question and maybe it's just me being hopeful. Why is it that Kellen Moore has been signed as a coach but isn't being announced as the QB coach. Is Jerry just being coy about it or is it possible that Moore wasn't signed to be the QB coach and people are inappropriately jumping to that conclusion?

p1_

DCC 4Life

"Closing in"?

Goof Son said the same thing about Kellen Moore, who nobody else fucking wants.

What the fuck?

Was Keith O'Quinn in high demand?

The Senior Bowl has just started. There are literally a half dozen experienced ST coaches who are without a job that will be milling around Mobile.

This is announced the day before that event.

Laziest. Front. Office. Ever.
Who the hell is Keith O'Quinn?

Cotton

Staff member
So here is a question and maybe it's just me being hopeful. Why is it that Kellen Moore has been signed as a coach but isn't being announced as the QB coach. Is Jerry just being coy about it or is it possible that Moore wasn't signed to be the QB coach and people are inappropriately jumping to that conclusion?
I will be hopeful with you.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Jerry has said specifically that Kellen Moore has been hired. Neither is Jerry being coy nor are we jumping to conclusions.

Dak Prescott will have a new quarterbacks coach, but it’s not likely to be a new face. Jones said Kellen Moore will be on the staff and it’s widely expected that he’ll be the quarterbacks coach to replace Wade Wilson. “I don’t want to get ahead of an overall announcement, but I’m glad that we’re going to have Kellen with us in the future,” Jones said. “We’ll get down tot het specifics about it. But we have completed an agreement with Kellen.”

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jerry has said specifically that Kellen Moore has been hired. Neither is Jerry being coy nor are we jumping to conclusions.
But why does he refuse to say what position Moore was hired for? I mean it seems pretty simple to call him the QB coach if that's what he is. But Jerry wouldn't do that.

We all know Moore is going to be on the coaching staff. Most of us don't dislike that fact. We dislike the fact that he is being handed the QB coach position which is probably the most important position coach spot of all of them. Most of us would like a guy with a few skins on the wall in such an important position.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life
You got me. Jerry is a disaster in front of a microphone, 99% of what comes out either makes zero sense or sounds like he's being deliberately vague or deceptive. Hence all the excessive stammering. At least Stephen sounds a little more coherent.

Cotton

Staff member
That makes even less sense than making him the OL coach.

Cotton

Staff member
Not really. Some OL coaches started out as TE coaches (i.e. Tony Sparano).
Yeah, but how many asst OL coaches go to TE coaches?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

They are bound and determined to fill out the rest of the staff with homegrown, inexperienced coaches.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

They are bound and determined to fill out the rest of the staff with homegrown, inexperienced coaches.
You know if we actually hired guys from other staffs we wouldn't have to watch film in an attempt to copy cat what teams do.

p1_

DCC 4Life

thats cause these internals did such a bang up job, especially the LB unit without Sean Lee. It was terrible; let's promote from within!

Top Bottom