2018 Cowboys hirings/firings thread...

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
My bad..
I don't know much about Richard. But we all know Seattle has been known for their aggressive defense for quite some time.
Doubt Jerry would consider a move like this. But I'd love to see some new, younger blood on the staff.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
My bad..
I don't know much about Richard. But we all know Seattle has been known for their aggressive defense for quite some time.
Doubt Jerry would consider a move like this. But I'd love to see some new, younger blood on the staff.
I'd kill to have Richard in as our DC. Designate the old man as whatever title you would like.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'd kill to have Richard in as our DC. Designate the old man as whatever title you would like.
Why so hot for Richard?

I don't see much of anything about him that makes him more attractive than some of the other names out there.

In fact, he could be considered to have failed in a perfect set up where he was groomed for the job.

Cotton

Staff member
Why so hot for Richard?

I don't see much of anything about him that makes him more attractive than some of the other names out there.

In fact, he could be considered to have failed in a perfect set up where he was groomed for the job.
He’s not the hottest name out there. I’d take Munchak over him, but I take Richard over Marinelli’s antiquated scheme every day of the week.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He’s not the hottest name out there. I’d take Munchak over him, but I take Richard over Marinelli’s antiquated scheme every day of the week.
Munchak? He is not a defensive coach.

deadrise

DCC 4Life

I think Seattle's defensive philosophy is as much a reflection of an overall team philosophy as much as it is the influence of one coach.

When Pete Carroll had the brutes on defense and Marshawn Lynch pounding the ball he could afford to be aggressive and physical on defense.

But one thing I've noticed about Seattle is how well they tackle. The don't seem to give up a lot of yards after catch. You don't see their DBs ducking their heads and throwing themselves at a runner's legs.

Cotton

Staff member
I think Seattle's defensive philosophy is as much a reflection of an overall team philosophy as much as it is the influence of one coach.

When Pete Carroll had the brutes on defense and Marshawn Lynch pounding the ball he could afford to be aggressive and physical on defense.

But one thing I've noticed about Seattle is how well they tackle. The don't seem to give up a lot of yards after catch. You don't see their DBs ducking their heads and throwing themselves at a runner's legs.
You mean, like this?

GShock

DCC 4Life

:zzz
this is all setting up for the last year of Jason Garrett.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Anyone miss Mike Zimmer? That mf has done an awesome job in Minnesota. I thought he did well under Parcells too installing the 3-4.
I know I'd much rather Zim than RoboGarrett.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Mike Zimmer another coach Jerry whiffed on

By Mac Engel

Of the many screw-ups committed by the Pro Football Hall of Fame general manager and president of the Dallas Cowboys over the past two decades, not giving his defensive coordinator even a cursory interview in 2007 will forever remain one of his most perplexing decisions.

In August of 2006, Jerry Jones said of his defensive coordinator, “Mike (Zimmer) should have an opportunity to be a head coach. In talking with people that have coached with him and players that played for him that I’ve known, he’s in the league of head coaching material in the NFL.”

Because in January of 2007, Jerry Jones interviewed nearly every human being who ever blew a whistle to be the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, just not Mike Zimmer.

Jerry had a good candidate to replace Bill Parcells down the hall, but Jerry fell victim to buying into labels, perceptions, and losing sight that while Zimmer might not have been a good PR move he was/is a good football coach.

Few coaches in the NFL deserve their success any more than Zim’, who has the Minnesota Vikings in the NFC title game after the Minny Miracle on Sunday.

Meanwhile, the Cowboys prepare for another year of Jason Garrett. Draw your own conclusions here ...

Don’t ever blast Jerry over losing current Saints head coach Sean Payton in January of ’06, when Parcells was still the head coach and going nowhere.

Feel free to blast Jerry for not even considering Parcells’ other coordinator the following year, but know a lot of other teams blew it on Zimmer, too.

Go back to January of 2007, when Jerry hatched his super plan to return to the Super Bowl. A super plan that was built around Garrett.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

:zzz
:lol

Here's a rumbling regarding that hire:

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Bolt/Sammy-Watkins-makes-sense-as-package-deal-with-Cowboys-WR-coach-113893546

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Sure bring Watkins in with him and dump Dez. Instant explosiveness and I'd draft someone because of Watkins injury history.
Yeah at least Watkins would bring some speed outside of our quick and shifty mighty mice, Beaseley and Switzer.

p1_

DCC 4Life
And I bet his price tag isn't so steep since hes had some downtime.

Top Bottom