2018 Cowboys hirings/firings thread...

data

Forbes #1
Yep, the Titans won a playoff game and still are parting ways with their head coach. They basically said in their statement that continuity is important but with a young QB they want to make sure they get the coaching decision right.
Wait...what?

No shit.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm cool with that. I preferred Tom Cable but I definitely think Alexander knows what he is doing and will get a lot out of the talent we have on the O-line.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm cool with that. I preferred Tom Cable but I definitely think Alexander knows what he is doing and will get a lot out of the talent we have on the O-line.
At least it's not Colombo.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
"Have you ever allowed a career spare to get six sacks in one game and ruin your QB's confidence for the next month+?"

"No..."

"You're hired."

Carp

DCC 4Life
I know little about him, outside the fact his bio pic looks like he ate 4 greasy children while waiting to get his pic taken.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I'll take Haley back here. Sure, he makes some weird calls, but he also is very inventive in the passing game. We have to change our offense so badly. Little things like the quasi-bubble screens that Philly runs, just kind of clearing out space to pick up 5 easy yards...with a chance for a guy to break it too. Our "safe" plays are the 5 yard outs to Beasley...which is not safe at all. Anyways...we have to diversify. If Dez comes back, then it is imperative we add another speedy WR to the depth chart. If we change philosophy a bit, maybe we can shake free guys like Switzer and a young speedy rookie loose...almost using bigger players like Dez, Witten, and Williams as natural screens.
No way. The guy basically had a 4th and manageable yardage 3 times and fucking threw each time even though he had a RB that probably picks up the first down without much effort.

We already have that retarded shit here, but we don’t have an Antonio Brown or a Ben R who can make those throws downfield actually work.

With Dez and company it would make it a special type of retarded play call exactly like what we already have in Linehan.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I know little about him, outside the fact his bio pic looks like he ate 4 greasy children while waiting to get his pic taken.
The Bungles just fired him, and replaced him with Pollack. Impressive, huh?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Bungles just fired him, and replaced him with Pollack. Impressive, huh?
Couldn't you say the same thing if you're a Bengals fan?

I think he had just become a bit stale there. He was a coach there for an insane amount of time. I think sometimes teams are just eager to bring in new blood. Even if it's at the expense of a great coach.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Couldn't you say the same thing if you're a Bengals fan?
Im sure many of them have said that very thing, perhaps worse. Having presided over a down year for the vaunted "best oline in the league" doesnt really speak to Pollack's abilities.

Carp

DCC 4Life
No way. The guy basically had a 4th and manageable yardage 3 times and fucking threw each time even though he had a RB that probably picks up the first down without much effort.

We already have that retarded shit here, but we don’t have an Antonio Brown or a Ben R who can make those throws downfield actually work.

With Dez and company it would make it a special type of retarded play call exactly like what we already have in Linehan.
We all get up in arms about throwing in the red zone, but this is more common than not these days. Haley led Bell to a monster year...one that we envision for Zeke...so he values RBs as well. His background as a WR coach is huge for me...Pitt develops WRs all the time and he is part of that. He helped with Austin and Crayton...and now Austin will be his WR coach.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Im sure many of them have said that very thing, perhaps worse. Having presided over a down year for the vaunted "best oline in the league" doesnt really speak to Pollack's abilities.
Paul Alexander is the one who should be happy though. Look at the talent he had with the Bengals last year on the O-line. It was total trash. I'm sure he is thrilled to be coming to Dallas to work with our O-line. Do they have even a single O-lineman that you would take over any of our starting 5 from last year?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We all get up in arms about throwing in the red zone, but this is more common than not these days. Haley led Bell to a monster year...one that we envision for Zeke...so he values RBs as well. His background as a WR coach is huge for me...Pitt develops WRs all the time and he is part of that. He helped with Austin and Crayton...and now Austin will be his WR coach.
I love how he incorporates Bell in the passing game as well. I think we badly under utilize Zeke in this fashion.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I love how he incorporates Bell in the passing game as well. I think we badly under utilize Zeke in this fashion.
We’ve sucked at this since Landry left. At our best we make up for it in other ways, probably leverage the TE more, but great backs in the open field are dangerous.

But out we almost never throw to them by design. It’s always check-down city.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Haley is available.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:zzz

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Archer: Cowboys Scheduled To Meet With John Pagano and Ray Horton

Archer: Cowboys Scheduled To Meet With John Pagano and Ray Horton

UncleMilti

Staff member
We all know that’s not happening.

Top Bottom