2018 Cowboys hirings/firings thread...

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't think these players will tank but don't worry he won't be back after the 2019 season. Garrett can tank it all by himself.

midswat

... soon
Well obviously we ought to give garrett another extension to put these potential assistants minds at ease.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
While Jerry is busy taking everyone to the woodshed and making significant changes :lol ......Mike Zimmer and Sean Payton are preparing to see who goes to the NFC title game.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Watch us still end up with Kellen fucking Moore while David Lee is available :budd
Jerry, you make this shit so.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I don't think these players will tank but don't worry he won't be back after the 2019 season. Garrett can tank it all by himself.
2019? Two more years?

I'd venture a guess that if Garrett misses the playoffs again next year, at minimum, or doesn't go further than one game deep, Jerry will pull the plug.

If not, it means he (Jerry) only cares about cashing the checks and doesn't care about winning. Which is entirely possible.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
2019? Two more years?

I'd venture a guess that if Garrett misses the playoffs again next year, at minimum, or doesn't go further than one game deep, Jerry will pull the plug.

If not, it means he (Jerry) only cares about cashing the checks and doesn't care about winning. Which is entirely possible.
Just look at his pattern lately. We will have a good regular season this next season. Its the following year that we will stumble which also happens to be the last year of Garetts contract. Then Jerry will just promote Garrett into the front office and won't have to fire him.

data

Forbes #1
2019? Two more years?

Aww shucks, Dez Bryant, Zack Martin and Sean Lee will miss a combine 33 games and we’ll still valiantly finish a game out of the playoffs.

Just bad luck. Can’t fire Garrett for that.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Just look at his pattern lately. We will have a good regular season this next season. Its the following year that we will stumble which also happens to be the last year of Garetts contract. Then Jerry will just promote Garrett into the front office and won't have to fire him.
Perfect. Then Garrett and Charlotte have an affair. Charlotte gets preggers and bears Jerry a grandson with red hair. Jerry immediately designates the red-headed bastard as heir apparent for the head coaching position. The kid has Jerry's genes and red hair.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Perfect. Then Garrett and Charlotte have an affair. Charlotte gets preggers and bears Jerry a grandson with red hair. Jerry immediately designates the red-headed bastard as heir apparent for the head coaching position. The kid has Jerry's genes and red hair.
:lol

God damn it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
We would be flat out retarded to not hire David Lee, assuming he'd be interested.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Watch us still end up with Kellen fucking Moore while David Lee is available :budd
Holy mfing shit this is a no-brainer.

Which is is exactly why we won’t do it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not at this point. Had the Cowboys not alluded to Kellen being the QB coach this coming season, maybe.
I kind of feel like the negative reaction that came out is why they backed off this idea. No reason to hold off on Kellen Moore if that was the plan.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Anyone else notice how teams that are losing PLAYOFF games are firing coordinators? It just makes Jerry all the more transparent in his glaring indifference to winning football. Status quo equals more fail, and we all have to wait another 6 months to watch it happen yet again. Here's to 8-8, boys!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone else notice how teams that are losing PLAYOFF games are firing coordinators? It just makes Jerry all the more transparent in his glaring indifference to winning football. Status quo equals more fail, and we all have to wait another 6 months to watch it happen yet again. Here's to 8-8, boys!
Yep, the Titans won a playoff game and still are parting ways with their head coach. They basically said in their statement that continuity is important but with a young QB they want to make sure they get the coaching decision right.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'll take Haley back here. Sure, he makes some weird calls, but he also is very inventive in the passing game. We have to change our offense so badly. Little things like the quasi-bubble screens that Philly runs, just kind of clearing out space to pick up 5 easy yards...with a chance for a guy to break it too. Our "safe" plays are the 5 yard outs to Beasley...which is not safe at all. Anyways...we have to diversify. If Dez comes back, then it is imperative we add another speedy WR to the depth chart. If we change philosophy a bit, maybe we can shake free guys like Switzer and a young speedy rookie loose...almost using bigger players like Dez, Witten, and Williams as natural screens.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The least appealing job in the NFL...Cowboys ER Coach. Dooley just babysat Dez on gamedays.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The least appealing job in the NFL...Cowboys WR Coach. Dooley just babysat Dez on gamedays.
No question about it. I'd like some offensive coaches that are a little more disciplinarians and a little less buddy buddy with the players.

Top Bottom