Cowboys hot topic: It may be time for an “amicable divorce” from Dez Bryant

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Jerry and his asshole son talk about making the offense Dak-friendly, which means nothing. How about making the coach creative, innovative, adaptable, unpredictable. Or better yet, how about a different coach?
That is so unnecessary. All Garrett needs is a couple more new position coaches and a few more pages of notes from college basketball coaches and MLB managers and he'll be all fixed up.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Well it's not just Dez. There were a lot of factors that went wrong last year. The injuries to Tyron Smith had a massive impact. Obviously the Zeke stuff had a massive impact. It wasn't just Dez and Dak.
Dak struggled way before any of that. He was a shitshow in Denver. We had a full complement of players at that game if I recall correctly.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dak struggled way before any of that. He was a shitshow in Denver. We had a full complement of players at that game if I recall correctly.
Yeah that was a horrible game by Dak. But every QB has a bad game here or there. It wasn't like that game encapsulated Daks season up to that point.

We also couldn't block them for shit. Aka why Zeke had his worst game of his career.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah that was a horrible game by Dak. But every QB has a bad game here or there. It wasn't like that game encapsulated Daks season up to that point.

We also couldn't block them for shit. Aka why Zeke had his worst game of his career.
Garrett was outcoached by a rookie head coach, badly, in that game. Seems to happen to him often.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Garrett was outcoached by a rookie head coach, badly, in that game. Seems to happen to him often.
And look how strong that Denver team wound up being. Won 5 games total, they throttled the shit out of us.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Recalling that Denver game, their rookie HC basically put 11 guys on the line of scrimmage. Jammed the WRs, blitzed the hell out Dak, stuffed the run, and said "see if you can beat us deep."

Von Miller was giving Collins a tough time in his first game at RT, where he probably shouldn't have been in the first place.

Garrett was lost. Had no answer.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:lol

But of course.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You think Dez had a good game against the Broncos? :lol
You think Dak did? You really blame that whole game on Dez?

That game was a microcosm of the season. Utter ineptitude vs. an average opponent who knew how to stop our very basic attack.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The standoff has begun, the posturing and the preening.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The standoff has begun, the posturing and the preening.
Stand off?

I doubt it. Goof Son has seen what the WR market is after Watkins/Robinson signed and they talked themselves into the idea that paying Bryant is not that bad.

Besides, cutting him and then having to replace him would be too hard.

Never underestimate how lazy and frightened of change that this front office is.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Stand off?

I doubt it. Goof Son has seen what the WR market is after Watkins/Robinson signed and they talked themselves into the idea that paying Bryant is not that bad.

Besides, cutting him and then having to replace him would be too hard.

Never underestimate how lazy and frightened of change that this front office is.
All of the above. Expect an imminent Dez restructure. This team is incapable of replacing Dez in 2018.

p1_

DCC 4Life
They’re impotent and incompetent.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You think Dak did? You really blame that whole game on Dez?

That game was a microcosm of the season. Utter ineptitude vs. an average opponent who knew how to stop our very basic attack.
Way to deflect.

But no, I've already said Dak played like hot garbage in that game. You on the other hand can't seem to accept any negativity about Dez.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Stand off?

Heh, exactly. This was my first thought when I heard what Watkins got.

p1_

DCC 4Life
What are terms for Watkins?

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Wow, 16 Mil ayear for a guy who has done nothing but flash. They won't touch Dez now.

Top Bottom