Cowboys hot topic: It may be time for an “amicable divorce” from Dez Bryant

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah, I'm guessing Linehan is going to be out. I think a lot of the players are fed up with his scheme in all honesty.

I'm not saying Dez is wrong about this. But it's annoying when he bitches about the scheme and then turns around and fumbles the ball or drops the pass when given the opportunity. It's like worry about yourself a little before worrying about the scheme.
Let's be real, Linehan is basically just calling plays out of Garrett's playbook, he may tweak things here and there but it's pretty clear to me that the overriding scheme/philosophy is similar to what we had before Linehan was around.

He'll just be the scapegoat.

vince

Not So New Member
Let's be real, Linehan is basically just calling plays out of Garrett's playbook, he may tweak things here and there but it's pretty clear to me that the overriding scheme/philosophy is similar to what we had before Linehan was around.

Oh hell yea. Nothing from the offense has changed plays-wise. I've been thinking that for a long time now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I think we run the ball a lot more under Linehan than we did with Garrett before that. But yeah, Garrett definitely has a heavy hand in this offense. My hope is that the next guy is more strong willed and sort of steam rolls Garrett. Let's face it, Garrett is kind of a spineless fish that a strong personality would have no problem pushing around. Ala Jerry Jones.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Garretts offensive philosophy is just that...fuckin offensive. Its no surprise that this team rarely throws a deep ball, or schemes to get anyone open. Its been that way since Garrett was the OC.

My guess is that if Linehan was allowed to implement his own offense, he could do a lot more with what he has to work with right now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is why we have the coach we have and will never ever get a decent one as long as Jerry Jones is alive.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
This is why we have the coach we have and will never ever get a decent one as long as Jerry Jones is alive.
Fuck Dez. His job is to catch the ball. Not drop it or fumble it. Garrett didn't cause his 12 drops.

The scheme is a problem but our season ended Sunday mostly because of Dez. We nearly overcame his mistakes, but couldn't in the end. As much as we excoriate Garrett, and we should, the biggest problem Sunday was Dez.

Not to mention, what a bitch to go over the head of his coach. That's gonna go well...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not to mention, what a bitch to go over the head of his coach. That's gonna go well...
It will go just fine.

That is what Jerry Jones allows.

It is just sad to see this kind of thing come out when the body isn't even cold yet.

They fucking failed a couple of days ago and right away, the most overpaid piece of shit on this team is coming out saying it is the scheme and that he is injured.

That is a horrible environment to allow to continue.

But Bryant is Jones' pet so it will be allowed. And Garrett will take it because he is "comfortable with ambiguity".

It is just sickening.

Nothing changes. Jerry will have to die for even a slight shift in culture to take place.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Dez Bryant claims he’s dealing with previously-undisclosed injury

Posted by Mike Florio on December 27, 2017, 7:53 PM EST

Another year, another player injury that previously had been hidden comes to light. And the league likely will do nothing about it.

Via David Moore of the Dallas Morning News, Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant disclosed to reporters on Wednesday that he’s been dealing with an injury for weeks. Bryant said he was “surprised” no one knew about the injury, which has lingered since early November.

Here’s why no one knew about the injury: The injury has never appeared on the injury report.

The injury also didn’t appear on Wednesday’s injury report. Although Bryant has practiced and played every game, players who fully participate in practice despite an injury routinely are listed as having an injury.

The next question is what will the league do about it? Based upon what the league did (more accurately, didn’t do) to the Seahawks last year for hiding a knee injury to Richard Sherman and to the Steelers last year for hiding a hernia suffered in the wild-card round by Le'Veon Bell, don’t expect anything to happen.

Why does the league do nothing when a team violates the injury-reporting rules? Possibly because the league knows that they’d be sliding down a rabbit hole from which they’d never emerge, if they begin aggressively investigating and enforcing actual or suspended violations of the injury policy.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
It will go just fine.

It is just sad to see this kind of thing come out when the body isn't even cold yet.

They fucking failed a couple of days ago and right away, the most overpaid piece of shit on this team is coming out saying it is the scheme and that he is injured.

But Bryant is Jones' pet so it will be allowed. And Garrett will take it because he is "comfortable with ambiguity".

It is just sickening.

Nothing changes. Jerry will have to die for even a slight shift in culture to take place.
You think Dez is going to change Jones' mind about anything? I sure as shit doubt it. Jones surely doesn't think Dez is going to provide him any valuable guidance on football scheme. Will he rebuff him as he should, no, which I suspect is what you're getting at.

I do think we'll see a change in OC. Linehan will be the scapegoat when we all know he's running Garrett's shit offense and makes the same braindead playcalls Garrett made.

I doubt we cut Dez, but we should. The offense runs better without him. He either doesn't fit the scheme or he doesn't fit Dak. He's also a whiney little bitch who should be apologizing to his team and his fans, not blaming schemes and talking about undisclosed injuries.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Bryant wouldn't accept pay cut from Cowboys: 'Hell no, I believe in me'

by Alex Chippin 6h ago

Lachlan Cunningham / Getty Images Sport / Getty
Dez Bryant doesn't buy the notion that he's lost a step, and even if he secretly does, it won't lead to him accepting a pay cut from the Dallas Cowboys this offseason.

"I haven't heard no talks of that, but if it comes ... I don't know, probably not," the receiver told Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News, before cementing his stance: "Hell, no. I believe in me, yeah."

Bryant, who turned 29 in November, hasn't looked like his old self this year, instead struggling to get separation from defenders. However, he attributed his declining production to the Cowboys' offensive scheme, a case of tendinitis that bothered him down the stretch of the season, and mental struggles.

"I'm not going to sit here and act like nothing has been wrong because it has," Bryant said. "Football is my life. I accept my role 100 percent but I know who I am and I know exactly what I can do.

"I know if my mind is not cluttered I can beat whoever and whenever and anybody at any time," he added. "Sometimes I let some things get to me that I shouldn't. Watch the tape. I feel like at times I look damn good and then I get to thinking about certain things and it bothers me."

Through 15 games this year, Bryant has 66 catches for 814 yards and six touchdowns. He's never before fallen short of the 1,000-yard benchmark in a season when he's played 16 games, and his 12.3 yards-per-catch average in 2017 is the lowest mark of his career.

Fuck this guy

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You think Dez is going to change Jones' mind about anything? I sure as shit doubt it.
He does not have to.

Jones has already made up his own mind.

But Bryant will still be afforded the opportunity to vent.

That is the problem.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
He does not have to.

Jones has already made up his own mind.

But Bryant will still be afforded the opportunity to vent.

That is the problem.
Agreed. That is the issue with a owner so close to the team. Still, it's a bitch move by Dez. After the game he had Sunday. Tanking our season. The shit coming out of his mouth should get him cut. Likely won't.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Exactly.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yep, inmates running the asylum.

Cotton

Staff member
It will go just fine.

It is just sickening.

Yep.

Cotton

Staff member
Posted by Mike Florio on December 27, 2017, 7:53 PM EST

Another year, another player injury that previously had been hidden comes to light. And the league likely will do nothing about it.

Via David Moore of the Dallas Morning News, Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant disclosed to reporters on Wednesday that he’s been dealing with an injury for weeks. Bryant said he was “surprised” no one knew about the injury, which has lingered since early November.

Here’s why no one knew about the injury: The injury has never appeared on the injury report.

The injury also didn’t appear on Wednesday’s injury report. Although Bryant has practiced and played every game, players who fully participate in practice despite an injury routinely are listed as having an injury.

The next question is what will the league do about it? Based upon what the league did (more accurately, didn’t do) to the Seahawks last year for hiding a knee injury to Richard Sherman and to the Steelers last year for hiding a hernia suffered in the wild-card round by Le'Veon Bell, don’t expect anything to happen.

Why does the league do nothing when a team violates the injury-reporting rules? Possibly because the league knows that they’d be sliding down a rabbit hole from which they’d never emerge, if they begin aggressively investigating and enforcing actual or suspended violations of the injury policy.
Oh fucking bullshit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep, inmates running the asylum.
Yeah the players definitely know who runs the show. It's why they run to Jerry instead of going to Garrett and talking to him about their issues. Do you think players on other NFL teams run to the GM every time they are unhappy with the head coach? I seriously doubt it. It's why Jerry is even compromised in a GM role.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
If Dez goes who takes his place, and how much of this is really his fault? Yes, he's had his drops and a critical fumble. But Dak's passes have been crap all year.
Dez's tantrums have been ridiculous. But I'd hate to see him go to a contending team and be a difference maker. All because we have a QB who can't throw to him because of "chemistry".

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dez's tantrums have been ridiculous. But I'd hate to see him go to a contending team and be a difference maker. All because we have a QB who can't throw to him because of "chemistry".
Who cares if he is successful somewhere else? What is the point when you know that suddenly something is not going to change here.

He is on the downside of his career age-wise, now he is resorting to "I believe in me" statements while using the phantom injury excuse.

Even when he is healthy and mentally dialed in, a good physical corner can get in his face and render him invisible.

He cashes in when he faces a mediocre corner, that is what he does.

Top Bottom