X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
    You think Dak did? You really blame that whole game on Dez?

That game was a microcosm of the season. Utter ineptitude vs. an average opponent who knew how to stop our very basic attack.
    Way to deflect.

But no, I've already said Dak played like hot garbage in that game. You on the other hand can't seem to accept any negativity about Dez.

Comment

• Originally posted by boozeman View Post
      Stand off?

I doubt it. Goof Son has seen what the WR market is after Watkins/Robinson signed and they talked themselves into the idea that paying Bryant is not that bad.
      Heh, exactly. This was my first thought when I heard what Watkins got.
      2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Comment

• What are terms for Watkins?
        defense wins championships

Comment

• Originally posted by p1_ View Post
          What are terms for Watkins?
          3 for 48 mill. 30 mill guaranteed.
          2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• Wow, 16 Mil ayear for a guy who has done nothing but flash. They won't touch Dez now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
              3 for 48 mill. 30 mill guaranteed.
              The Chiefs will regret that deal, but at least it’s only 3 years.
              No Pat McQuistan = No Super Bowl. It's that simple.

Comment

• Dez Bryant could benefit from Watkins, Robinson deals

By Kevin Patra
                Around the NFL writer
                Published: March 13, 2018 at 09:55 a.m.
                Updated: March 13, 2018 at 12:49 p.m.

Allen Robinson and Sammy Watkins landing ginormous deals before the start of the new league year could have some collateral benefits for one star receiver: Dez Bryant.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports that the Dallas Cowboys dipped their toe in the wide receiver market, but didn't sign Robinson or Watkins, which is a good sign for Bryant, who appeared on the verge of being cut or facing a pay reduction.

With the top two names signed, Dez might return at his full $12.5 million salary for 2018.

Rapoport and NFL Network's Jane Slater reported Tuesday that owner Jerry Jones and Bryant had their much-anticipated conversation prior to the league year beginning, according to sources informed of the situation.

The Cowboys have not reached out to his agent, Kim Miale, on doing any alterations to his contract, Rapoport added.

After checking in on what the top tier of wideouts was commanding, the Cowboys could look to add from the second level of free agency, where Paul Robinson and John Brown could fit Dallas' much-need for speed on the outside.

With the top two free agents getting huge money, the Cowboys could be content to ride Bryant one more season at his current salary while trying to milk what's left out of the 29-year-old's prime.

Comment

• Lets bite the bullet and simply let him play a minor role or bit part in 2018. If we can't move on this year, we can still make moves for seasons beyond 2018. Draft and sign, incorporate the new talent and phase the diminished talent out of the offense, not letting Dez' lower production drag the future of the offense down with him. A good financial arse rape.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                    Way to deflect.

But no, I've already said Dak played like hot garbage in that game. You on the other hand can't seem to accept any negativity about Dez.
                    I don’t think you’ve got the jist.

Dez is not great anymore, but he’s better than anyone out front office is capable of procuring in 2018.

We could draft two WRs in the first three rounds, but it will take time for them to get going. I’d love new blood.

Everyone has to understand that no rookie is going to magically become our #1 WR in 2018. Not soon enough to where we can cut Dez.

Comment

• I think Rippley, Kirk or Moore would be better than anything we have right now. Grab one of them when you can and start them mixing in asap.

Comment

• Originally posted by fortsbest View Post
                        I think Rippley, Kirk or Moore would be better than anything we have right now. Grab one of them when you can and start them mixing in asap.
                        WRs take time to become reliable NFL players. Even Randy Moss had the benefit of working along with Cris Carter and Jake Reed to start. TO learned under the GOAT.

Ridley is good, but all he's have are our coaches and schoolyard Dez to teach him the subtleties of being an NFL WR.

I'd love to draft him, but he isn't going to be better than Dez when the season starts, and maybe not when the season ends.

Comment

• Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
                          WRs take time to become reliable NFL players. Even Randy Moss had the benefit of working along with Cris Carter and Jake Reed to start. TO learned under the GOAT.

Ridley is good, but all he's have are our coaches and schoolyard Dez to teach him the subtleties of being an NFL WR.

I'd love to draft him, but he isn't going to be better than Dez when the season starts, and maybe not when the season ends.
                          You overrate an aging Dez badly

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                            You overrate an aging Dez badly
                            I think there's a few aspects in which a talented rookie will be better than Dez from day one.

Comment

• Originally posted by p1_ View Post
                              I think there's a few aspects in which a talented rookie will be better than Dez from day one.
                              Riddley is a better route runner from day one. He would get better separation from day one. He will never be as good of a jump ball receiver as Dez was and probably still is. But Riddley would definitely upgrade the offense in terms of speed. And usually I'd say it takes some time for Dak to build chemistry with a WR but he really doesn't have much chemistry with Dez so I don't see that as much as a concern.

Now maybe with some of the lesser draft prospects it could take more time. That stuff may not be true for James Washington for example. But he brings a different unique skill set as well that could be closer to Dez in other ways.

Comment

• Ridley is a best-case scenario, and it’s a major gamble to dump Dez either in anticipation of or after drafting him.

It’s just too late for any rookie or combination of rookies.

We should have drafted a WR years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X